Alaska. To whom does it belong by the law?
Alaska. To whom does it belong by the law?
- America. history needs learning
Groups of Siberian tribes crossed the isthmus (now the Bering Strait) 1610 thousand years ago. Eskimos began to settle on the Arctic coast, the Aleuts settled the Aleutian archipelago.
The first Europeans who visited Alaska 21 August 1732 year were members of the team of the St. Gabriel boat under the guidance of the geodesist MS Gvozdev and the under-navigator I. Fedorov during the expedition of A. F. Shestakov and D. I. Pavlutsky 17291735 3. In addition, there are sketchy information about the visit by Russian people of America in the XVII century 4.
C 9 July 1799 on 18 October 1867 year Alaska with the adjacent islands was under the control of the Russian-American company. The fighting in the Far East during the Crimean War showed the absolute insecurity of the eastern lands of the Empire and especially of Alaska. In order not to lose the gift of a territory that could not be protected and mastered in the foreseeable future, it was decided to sell it.
16 December 1866 in St. Petersburg, a special meeting was held, attended by Alexander II, Grand Duke Constantine, ministers of finance and naval ministry, as well as the Russian envoy to Washington, Baron Eduard Stekl. All participants approved the idea of the sale. On the proposal of the Ministry of Finance, a threshold of at least 5 million dollars was determined by gold. 22 December 1866 Mr. Alexander II approved the border of the territory. In March 1867, Stoeckl arrived in Washington and officially addressed Secretary of State William Seward. The signing of the contract took place 30 March 1867 year in Washington. Territory area of 1 million 519 thousand km # 178; was sold for 7,2 million dollars in gold, that is, according to 4,74 dollars per km # 178 ;.
- on the grounds that they are the best owners
- They say that they gave Alaska to 200 years, but the document is lost and nothing can be proved now. Who "lost" the document is unknown ....
- Nowhere is the contract published (whether sales, roofing leases).
Search the entire Internet, you will not find anything.
For the money that is sounded in the first answer - it's only rent.
then it was widely practiced.
Russia rented from China Port Arthur, Far, Harbin.
It was a worldwide practice.
Without which a thread of a secret treaty between the US and the USSR, the states would not dare to appropriate these territories to themselves.
- The guys need to know the story, or at least read it. Once, yes, Alaska was leased, but then Alaska was sold, if we translate into current money this is 200 million in gold. Look for better information
- States. The contract is not a problem to find ...
Treaty on the sale of Russia by the peninsula of Alaska by the United States of America
18 (30) March 1867
From Russia signed Glass.
Art. 1. E. c. imp. all-Russia. the latter undertakes to cede to the United States ... the entire territory with the supreme on this right, now owned by his Majesty on the American continent, as well as the adjacent islands. The said territory lies in the below-mentioned geographical borders, namely: the eastern border is the line of demarcation between Russian and British possessions in North America, as such the line is decided by the convention concluded between Russia and the UK 16 / 28 February 1825.
The western border ... passes through the point in the Bering Strait at 65 degrees and 30 minutes of northern latitude at its intersection with the meridian that separates the island of Kruzenshtern from the island of Ratmanov at an equal distance .. and is directed along a straight line boundlessly to the north as long as it is not lost at all in the Arctic Ocean .. .Border ... .includes in the ceded territory all the Aleutian Islands, lying to the east of ... .meridian (193 degrees west longitude).
Art. 2. (The transfer simultaneously with the territory of ownership of all public buildings.The churches erected by the Russian government remain the property of the members of the Orthodox Church).
Art. 3. Residents of the ceded territory may, at their own desire, return to Russia in a three-year period, preserving their nationality. But if they prefer to stay in the ceded country, then, except for the wild native tribes, they must be allowed to use all the rights .. granted to citizens of the United States ... .The same tribes will be subject to laws and regulations that .. .mayut be decided by the United States in relation to the native tribes of this territory. (...)
Art. 6. On the basis of the above concession, the United States undertakes to pay ... a diplomatic representative or other e. imp. All-Russian properly duly authorized person, seven million two hundred thousand dollars in gold coin ...
The price of the issue is 7,2 million dollars, in current money-110 million, i.e. say, Abramovich could acquire into the property about 100 Alaska for those money ...
- Lenin tried
- Alska and California, belong to Russia .. for 99 years, were leased. .
during the revolution, the documents disappeared .. Well, you know, such cases, on the word of purity are not solved. .
Yes, BTW .. the present city of Yerevan (IRAVAN) was leased out to Armenians, also for 99 years .. but that something about this all are silent .. that in Russia, that in Armenia. .
- In 1867, according to documents, under Tsar Alexander 2, was the sale by Russia of Alaska USA. In fact, documents on the sale of Alaska covered the payment of military seamen's services in Russia (military aid) to the US government. Alaska Russia sold in 1867 year because it was a territory that was seized by Russia from the Great Tartary. The Great Tartary occupied the territory of the territory of the USSR earlier, on the continent of Eurasia. Such a remote territory to control Russia was difficult and Tartary could bring them back. After all, Tartary existed, according to the maps, and in 1867 year, but already as the remnants of the Great Tartary in Central Asia. And with the help of the United States about Russian America, one could not worry. And that was then, the government of Russia is more important than the people and natural wealth of Alaska.