Coconut: how is it?
Today the availability in supermarkets of variousexotic fruits and nuts - a common thing. However, until now, very few people know that except to eat in a raw kind, from them it is possible to prepare various dishes. For example, available all year round on sale coconuts.
When choosing a coconut, pay attention to its integrity, that is, it should not be damaged and cracked, and on weight - a heavy coconut contains a lot of milk and pulp.
In a good coconut milk should splash, so do not forget to shake it.
Before consumption in raw form or forcooking various dishes, you will need to punch one of the depressions on the nut and, through the resulting hole, to express the juice. You can read in detail how to eat coconut right here: "How to open a coconut?".
Coconut as is fresh
- make a corkscrew holes in the indentations and pour out the liquid that you can add to any juice or just a drink;
- break the coconut into two halves;
- knife pick off all the pulp from the peel and wipe it on a grater or blender;
In ripe nuts, the pulp moves away from the shell andshell layer easily and without much effort. Otherwise, if the flesh does not want to separate from the shell - this is an indication that the nut was removed unripe.
The pulp extracted from the coconut in the refrigerator for a long time does not lie, just a few weeks, therefore, it is best to store it in the freezer (up to 9 months).
How to Eat Coconut: Coconut Products
- Coconut cream is a creamy thick liquid,which is obtained from the pulp of coconut and for the prolongation of storage period subjected to heat treatment. Coconut cream is used in cooking dishes of Indian, Thai and Caribbean cuisines.
- Coconut milk is a cream liquid obtainedafter processing the pulp of coconuts, which in Asian, Indian and Caribbean cuisines is used for cooking sweet dishes and second courses. It goes well with fish dishes, curry and chicken dishes.
- Coconut syrup is used for making cocktails and desserts.
- Copra, or dried coconut pulp, chopped and dried coconut pulp, is often used in baking, as well as powdering to curry sauce and salads.
Dishes from coconut
Fresh coconut pulp and coconut milk can beUse as recipe ingredients for various soups, salads, including fruit, desserts, baked goods, drinks, cocktails, sauces and some main dishes.
Coconut soup (Thai food)
Ingredients are calculated on 4 portions:
- chicken broth - 1.2 l .;
- coconut milk - 120 ml;
- chicken fillet 200 g;
- chili pepper - 1 pc .;
- lime leaves 4 pcs .;
- lemon sorghum (stick) - 7.5 cm;
- ginger root - 1 piece;
- green onions - 8 arrows;
- chilli sauce - 1/4 tbsp;
- coriander leaves.
- pour chicken broth into a container, add tobroth chicken fillet, chopped chili, chopped lemon sorghum stick, chopped ginger root and a lime leaf and put on fire. Keep the contents warm to 98 degrees, then cover and reduce the heat. Cook ingredients for 25 minutes;
- get chicken fillets and cut into small pieces, broth - strain;
- strained broth again pour into a container, heat to add into it chopped green onions and pour in coconut milk;
- in a broth with coconut milk put sliced chicken fillet and cook for 10 minutes;
- in the prepared soup, add chili, pepper and salt sauce;
- spilled soup on the plates decorate with coriander leaves.
Cocktail of coconut milk
To prepare a non-alcoholic cocktail you will need:
- milk - 1/4 l .;
- coconut milk - 1/4 l .;
- cream 33% - 1 tbsp;
- coconut pulp (dry) - 2 tablespoons;
- pistachios (ground) - 1 teaspoon;
- Milk and coconut milk should be mixed and beat until foam is obtained;
- In the beaten milk, add cream, coconut pulp and pistachios. All ingredients mix well.
Rafaello at home
Ingredients that you need for making candy:
- coconut shaving - 200 g;
- butter - 125 g;
- dried milk - 250 g;
- nuts - half a century;
- sugar - 150 gr.
- sugar pour into a saucepan, pour water (100 ml) and put on fire;
- in sugar water, carefully insert oil and keep on fire until a homogeneous mass is obtained. Remove the pan from the plate and let its contents cool down to 40 degrees Celsius;
- Dry milk mixed with coconut shavings (150 gr.), then add to syrup. Ingredients mix well and put for 4 hours in a refrigerator;
- in the cooled weight roll a nut and roll the resulting candy in a copra.