Drug "Senade": consumer reviews, indications for use and dosage
What is Senade indicated for? Reviews of this medication, its composition and properties will be described in detail in the presented article.
The drug "Senade" - is a drug that is made only from plant materials. It has a laxative effect, and therefore has a particular popularity among people suffering from constipation. In addition, this medication is prescribed to patients for the purpose of stool regulation for such deviations as hemorrhoids, anal fissures, proctitis and obesity. What do experts say about the “Senad”? Reviews of doctors state that the presented agent belongs to the group of drugs that have a laxative effect due to increased intestinal motility.
Release form and description of the drug
Currently, the drug "Senade" is available only in pill form.They are painted in brown, against which you can see small light blotches. Each tablet has a flat and rounded shape, as well as beveled edges. The drug "Senade" goes on sale in carton packs of 500, 60 and 40 pieces.
The composition of the drug
Why do consumers choose the drug "Senade"? Reviews of this drug is very positive. After all, these pills fully cope with their task and quickly empty the intestines. This effect is due to the composition of the drug. As the active substance, the Senade pills contain an extract made from leaves of Norway leaves Senna. However, the active ingredients of this drug are salts of sennosides B and A. In addition, it includes such excipients as talc, lactose, carmellose sodium, starch, microcrystalline cellulose, methyl parahydroxybenzoate, sodium lauryl sulfate and magnesium stearate.
The drug "Senade" has a laxative effect due to the effect of sennosides A and B on sensitive receptors, which are located in the mucous membrane of the large intestine.Entering into the reaction, these substances excite smooth muscle elements, which subsequently begin to react by increasing the amplitude, strength and duration of peristaltic movements. Thanks to active contractions of the intestinal mucosa, it is also gently emptied.
Against the background of the use of this drug in patients there are no changes in the stool. In other words, bowel movement is performed gently, without subsequent diarrhea. This medicine is not addictive, and also does not affect the process of digestion. This fact allows you to use the drug for a long time, and after normalization - to stop taking it. Moreover, the abolition of the drug does not entail a strong constipation.
After what time the drug begins to act "Senade"
Consumer reviews say that this tool allows you to gently empty the intestines approximately 8-11 hours after ingestion. It is this amount of time needed by the medicine to activate the receptors and reflex motility of the peristalsis. If the patient needs to speed up the emptying, then he is prescribed not 1 tablet, but 2 or 3.They should be washed down with a glass of lightly salted and warm water. In this case, a mild bowel movement will occur in 6-8 hours.
Indications for use
Due to the fact that the drug "Senade" has a laxative effect due to increased peristalsis of the colon, its scope of application is associated with a lack of contractile activity of smooth muscles of the elements of the digestive system. That is why such pills as a laxative are prescribed in the following cases:
- constipation caused by hypotension or insufficient (sluggish) peristaltic activity of the large intestine;
- functional constipation associated with ignoring the urge to defecate, followed by the inability to empty;
- for stool regulation in case of inflamed hemorrhoids, anal fissures and proctitis;
- with obesity.
The drug "Senade" can be used by both adults and children.
- For babies from 6 to 12 years old, the drug should be given ½ tablet once a day. With the ineffectiveness of the drug for two days, the indicated dosage can be increased by another half a table.The maximum number for children of this age is 2 pieces. It is highly undesirable to give such a drug to a child for 2 weeks or more in a row. Against the background of the use of this tool, the urine of the baby may be painted in red or yellow-brown color.
- The drug "Senade" for children from 12 years of age and adults is prescribed depending on the initial level of peristaltic activity of the intestine. One tablet of medication is the initial and minimum dosage. If the patient did not notice the effect for three days, then the amount of the drug should be increased by another ½ pieces. Following this algorithm, adults and teens are allowed to take up to three tablets per day. However, it is highly undesirable to exceed the named dose. If during three days the patient took the maximum possible dosage, but the defecation did not occur, then you should immediately consult a doctor.
Drug "Senade" when breastfeeding and during pregnancy
It should be noted that the presented drug does not affect the state of fecal masses. That is why after taking this drug, defecation can be very unpleasant - to cause cramping abdominal pain, which is especially dangerous for pregnant women.In this regard, in the period of childbearing the presented drug is better not to take. Moreover, the active substance of such a drug enters the mother's milk. This can adversely affect the baby's digestive tract. That is why it is advisable to stop breastfeeding while taking Senade tablets.