"Espol" (ointment): instructions for use, indications, reviews
Often, with inflammation or after injuries to muscles and joints, Espol (ointment) is used. Instructions for use notes that it effectively relieves pain and other discomfort symptoms. This drug is based on natural ingredients that have a gentle but effective effect. But you can still use the ointment only as directed by your doctor, since painful sensations can be caused by serious diseases, in which it is not enough just to relieve pain and inflammation.
Characteristics of the drug
Often in pharmacies, patients are offered "Espol" (ointment). Instructions for use determines this drug as anti-inflammatory and analgesic. Its action is based on a local irritating effect, due to which small vessels dilate and blood flow to the affected tissues improves. Within 10-15 minutes after application, a sensation of heat appears, and the pain subsides.
The drug is produced by the Russian pharmaceutical company "Nizhfarm". It is a thick, dark gel-like mass. The ointment is packaged in tubes, which is convenient for its use. Many patients are interested in the question: "How much does Espol ointment cost?" But its cost also relates to the benefits of the drug. Only about 150 rubles - and you are free from pain.
The composition of the ointment
The main active ingredients of the drug are herbal ingredients. They provide such high efficiency. Many people who often experience pain in muscles and joints choose “Espol” (ointment) for treatment. Instructions for use explains this unique composition of the drug.
- The main active ingredient is hot pepper extract. It has a strong irritating and distracting effect on the skin. Strengthening blood circulation in the affected tissues, this component provides a reduction in pain.
- Dimexide is a chemical often used to treat diseases of the musculoskeletal system. This component improves the absorption of other active substances, reduces inflammation in soft tissues and improves the elimination of toxins.
- Coriander oil has a warming and anti-inflammatory effect. In addition, it prevents the development of infection and accelerates tissue regeneration.
- Lavender essential oil has a similar effect. It helps relieve pain and inflammation, relaxes muscles and speeds up their recovery.
- Chloroform is used in the composition of the ointment as an irritant. It relieves muscle spasms and soothes pain.
- The basis of the drug are petrolatum, lanolin and paraffin. These components provide uniform distribution and penetration of active substances.
Due to the healing properties and proper combination of plant and chemical components, Espol ointment is very effective. Indications for use are determined by the features of its action:
- relieves pain in muscles and joints;
- reduces inflammatory processes;
- disinfects the skin;
- improves blood circulation and metabolic processes;
- accelerates tissue regeneration;
- improves mobility of joints, relieves muscle spasms;
- stimulates the release of endorphins.
Indications for use
Often when visiting a doctor with various diseases of the musculoskeletalApparatus patients receive recommendations to use for the treatment of ointment "Espol". What does this drug help with?
- bruises or sprains of muscles and ligaments;
- pain in fractures and sprains;
- muscle inflammation;
- pinching nerves;
- arthritis and arthrosis;
- radiculitis, neuralgia;
Contraindications and side effects
But not everyone can use "Espol" (ointment). The instructions for use do not recommend doing this in such cases:
- during pregnancy;
- while breastfeeding;
- children under 2 years;
- with individual intolerance to the components of the drug;
- in violation of the integrity of the skin or inflammatory dermatological diseases at the site of application of the ointment.
Other categories of patients can use the drug without restriction. The ointment is easily tolerated and only very rarely causes side effects. Perhaps the appearance of pruritus, peeling or redness. If the burning sensation, which is natural in the first minutes after the application of the drug, does not go away, but it increases, itching and swelling appear, you must remove the ointment with a napkin soaked in soapy water.Most likely, this is an allergic reaction in which the drug can not be used. Sometimes it is even possible the appearance of systemic side effects in the form of headaches, bronchospasm, dizziness and nausea.
"Espol" (ointment): instructions for use
Use the drug only as a symptomatic remedy for relieving discomfort. It should be remembered that Espol ointment does not cure diseases, but simply reduces pain and inflammation. Therefore, in serious cases, it is used in complex treatment.
Apply ointment on intact skin. They must be dry and clean. It is necessary to squeeze a small amount of ointment on the palm and rub in a sore spot with massaging movements. To enhance efficiency, you can then wrap up the sore limb or back warmly. The drug is used 2-3 times a day for no more than 10 days in a row.
The ointment has an irritating effect, so at the first time after application, there are burning sensations, warmth, the skin reddens. The drug is quickly absorbed, so this discomfort quickly passes. But it is recommended to wash your hands after applying the ointment to avoid contact of its components on the mucous membranes.
Special instructions when using the ointment is not, but you should avoid drinking alcohol during treatment, as alcohol can slow down the excretion of the drug and enhance its side effects. If necessary, the simultaneous treatment of other drugs need to consult with your doctor. "Espol" is incompatible with insulin, antibiotics, "Aspirin", "Nitroglycerin", as it can weaken their action.
"Espol" (ointment): analogues
Warming and irritant action is required for many pathologies of the musculoskeletal system. But sometimes patients are contraindicated because of individual intolerance to use "Espol" (ointment). Analogs in this case would be more preferable. It is necessary to consult a doctor so that he can help you find the right drug, since they all have their own characteristics. The same warming and distracting effect have ointments based on capsaicin, bee and snake venom, as well as some chemical substances. The following drugs are considered the best:
Reviews on the use of the drug
Many athletes and tourists use Espol ointment. Responses often mark its effectiveness in case of uncomplicated injuries and muscle fatigue. The ointment causes a sensation of heat, quickly relaxes the muscles and relieves pain. But for some people, the drug is not suitable. They note the appearance of a strong burning sensation, rash, redness of the skin.