How did you shoot the "Matrix"?
Watch the video
In 1999, the movie "The Matrix"directors Larry and Andy Wachowski and immediately became a truly cult sci-fi action movie. Let's consider some interesting facts about how to shoot the "Matrix".
Matrix: Interesting Facts
- The initial budget of the picture was only 10 milliondollars. This amount was not enough, so the directors went on an adventure. The entire budget was spent on the introductory stage of the film, which was shown to the sponsors. Those were so impressed that they gave an additional $ 40 million.
- In a scene with a helicopter crashing into a skyscraper, a helicopter copy was used more than 3 m in length. Circles, diverging from the place of impact - a masterpiece of special effects.
- The battle between Neo and Smith in the subway was shot without stuntmen, the actors played there themselves, and coached their famous martial artist Yuen Woo-Ping.
- The scene of liberation of Neo from the matrix is also removed without doubles, the actor really shaved his head and eyebrows. And the matrix itself, with its cells and pipes, was built from scratch in the film pavilion.
- A well-known "chip" of the film is shooting in slow motiontime - it took a huge effort. 6 seconds of such video were achieved by the work of more than 120 cameras, shooting simultaneously or with a tiny lag, which gave the effect of solidification or slow movement of the object in space.
The Matrix: The Order of Movies
After the tremendous success of the first film, the Matrix Reloaded (2003) and The Matrix: Revolution (2003), which were less successful, were removed.
Interesting facts about other films can be found in the section Films.