How do I remove the trunk lining?
No matter what the body of your car -sedan, hatchback, SUV or any other, on the lid or trunk door there is always a lining. During the operation of the car, it may be necessary to dismantle it, in order to eliminate malfunctions with tail lights, trunk latching or vibration / noise isolation installation. The detailed process is considered in the article, how to remove the trunk lining.
Removing the trunk lid trim
- First you need to remove the overlaid elements from the skin:
- Practically every modern car is equipped with a handle for convenient closing of the trunk lid, so it is necessary to unscrew it using a Phillips screwdriver or a screwdriver of the "star" type.
- If there are other plastic pads, they simply need to be flipped off.
- Visually determine: the skin is a single piece or consists of different elements.
- If the piece is solid, then it can be removed by clicking the pistons around the perimeter.
- Pistons can be located inside the skin. To do this, you can pick up the part with a flat-blade screwdriver, so that you can pull the skin off with your hands. When the pistons are removed, it remains to remove the lining from the latches.
- They can also be located outside the entire perimeter. In this case, they are conveniently removed with a special fork resembling a nail, or neatly hooked with a flat-blade screwdriver.
- If the skin is composite, it is better to find the instructions to your particular model, since a certain order of removal of each element is possible.
Read also another article on this topic: How to remove the door skin.