How to arrange the lamps?
It's no secret that in most cases it is correctselected lighting creates real miracles in the interior. It is through the use of light that you can achieve a visual expansion of space, highlighting specific objects in the room, etc. First and foremost, this task relates to ceiling lights, from the location of which largely depends on the overall interior design. Therefore, in this article, we will tell you how to arrange the lamps on the ceiling.
The main recommendations for the arrangement of fixtures
Before you decide on the locationceiling lighting, you need to understand the features of the room and choose the type of lamp for it. Obviously, the lighting in the toilet, in the study and the bedroom is completely different. Therefore, you need to find out what kind of light you want to get as a result.
A large luminous flux in the house, likeThe rule may be needed for a winter garden, a children's room, a playroom or a gym. Such spaces usually require good lighting in full. In this case, parts of the room, where a cage with pets or an aquarium, also need strong light, but here you can manage to equip a powerful light flux of only a certain space. In this case, it is possible to arrange the luminaires on the ceiling unevenly, creating a different level of illumination in different areas of the room.
The reverse option is the room wherethere is a fireplace. For greater harmony of the interior, it is desirable that he was in a light semi-darkness. Therefore, the fixtures on the ceiling should be placed in such a way that the fireplace remains in the shade, but the rest of the room does not suffer from lack of light.
Slight lighting is also needed forbedroom, bathroom and toilet. In the bedroom, for example, the best option is diffused light, which can be provided with a dimmer (adjustment of light brightness). It should be remembered that additional light sources in almost every bedroom are a night light, a sconce or a floor lamp installed at the bed. Therefore, several sources on the ceiling are enough. Floor lamps and sconces can also create an additional comfort in the room (read the article How to decorate the room).
To determine how to place the fixtures inbathroom and toilet, it is important to remember the important rule. The presence of tiles, various shiny surfaces (for example, nickel) and mirrors greatly enhances the lighting effects. This means that strong lighting, which you will not need in the bathroom, can even become dazzling in the literal sense of the word. Experts recommend that in such rooms have 4-8 sources, while installing them on the ceiling symmetrically. Remember also that such spaces should be equipped with lamps that are not afraid of moisture.
Choosing a ceiling light
In order to understand how to arrange the lamps on the ceiling correctly, consider their main types and features:
- Spot lights: the variety of shapes, designs and colors of this kind allows you to decorate with any kind of lighting any interior. In addition, these lamps are suitable for any ceiling.
- Fluorescent lamps: this kind of differs little heat, but it is not designed for wet rooms. Suitable for stretch ceilings.
- LED lamp: are characterized by minimal heating and a long service life. They provide an even luminous flux. However, a compulsory condition for this type is a well-ventilated room.
- Incandescent lamps: a very common form, which is easy to use and low price. Suitable for wet rooms, but has increased heat generation.
The incandescent lamps are similar in their characteristics to halogen lamps. Both types have restrictions for use in stretch ceilings. It is recommended to use a dimmer when using them.
How to arrange spot lights
Most often, when choosing ceiling lighting, luminaires are preferred in recent times. Their location has its own characteristics, which you need to know about:
- The distance between such a luminaire and the seam should be not less than 20 cm.
- In the case of a stretch ceiling, it is better to choose outdoor fixtures, as they guarantee better cooling and are able to illuminate more space.
- In cases where spotlights are located outside, the distance between the ceiling and the ceiling may be less.
- For correct positioning and determination of the number of luminaires, attention should be paid to the power of the lamps, the type and area of the room, and the availability of additional light sources.
Precision ceiling lights are suitable for rooms with a low ceiling. Read about this in the article How to increase the height of the ceiling.
You should know that 1 point light illuminatesup to 2 square meters of room. In addition, the classical option is the surrounding of the chandelier, which provides basic bright lighting, spotlights that provide soft and diffused light.
If we assume that the fixtures are the only source of illumination in the room, then we can calculate the light output for different rooms:
- playroom or children's room - 8-9 W per 1 m²;
- dining room or kitchen - 4-5 W per 1 m²;
- living room - 3-4 W per 1 m²;
- bedroom and bathroom - 2-3 W per 1 m²;
- hall or corridor - 1-2 W per 1 m².