How to bake beets?
As you know, beet pantry of vitamins and beneficial microelements, a unique drug, and just a very tasty vegetable! According to the legends, bogatyrs liked to feast on beetroot in Russia, because they believed that it would give strength and save from all ailments, and Russian beauties used it as blush. And now without beets anywhere! Beetroot is a part of many salads, borscht, cakes, desserts are made from it, they make cutlets, they are stuffed. In this case, the hostess usually throw the roots in the pot and boil them. But it is better not to cook beets, and bake! When baking, you can save all the beneficial properties, rich bright taste, aroma and color of beets. Now we will tell you how to bake beets.
Beets can be baked in the oven and microwave, consider 2 options!
How to bake beets in the oven
We will need:
- Small beets (preferably young) 3-4 pieces
- Vegetable or olive oil - 2-3 tbsp
- Food foil
- Wash the beets thoroughly in warm running water (you can use a cooking brush) and dry with paper kitchenware.a towel.
- Vegetables well sprinkle with vegetable oil, salt and each root crop tightly wrap in a double layer of foil.
- Place the resulting rolls on a baking sheet and bake at a temperature of 200-230 degrees for about an hour. How much to bake beets will depend on the variety you choose and the size of the roots.
- Check the readiness of vegetables with a fork or toothpick. Cool the finished beets without removing them from the foil, and then peel them off.
For baked beets, try making original cheese sauce. You will need:
- Cream (20% fat) - 200 ml
- Garlic - 1-2 cloves
- Feta cheese - 100 gr.
- Sprigs of mint
- Salt, pepper (to taste)
It is prepared like this: pour cream into a saucepan, add finely chopped garlic and mint stems, bring to a boil. After remove the cream from the heat and leave under the lid for 10-15 minutes. Feta cheese cut into cubes and add to the cream, mix thoroughly. Pour the sauce over sliced baked beets and garnish with mint leaves.
How to bake beets in the microwave
This method of cooking beets is considered the easiest and fastest. We will need:
- Medium sized beets (preferably with a smooth peel) -3-4 pcs.
- 1/2 glass of water For the sauce:
- Mayonnaise - 2 -3 st.lozhki
- Garlic - 2 cloves
- Cheese- 100 gr.
- Salt, pepper (to taste)
- Pierce the washed beets with a fork in several places and put them in a glass dish for the microwave.
- Pour half a glass of water into the container and close the lid.
- Place in a microwave and bake beets for 10 minutes, if the power of the microwave is 800W, if the power is less, time should be increased.
- After the root crop, turn it over and put it in the microwave for another 10 minutes.
- Check the vegetables for readiness with a knife or fork; if necessary, bake for another 2-3 minutes.
Cooked beets can be served as a side dish or as a separate dish. Cut the peeled root vegetables into small cubes or grate on a large grater, finely chop the garlic and grate the cheese on a fine grater. Put everything in a salad bowl and season with mayonnaise. Baked beets go well with many products. The perfect pair with it can make: prunes, herring, squid, salted cabbage, green apple, etc.
Now you know how to bake beets. Treat yourself and your loved ones with an extremely useful treat - baked beets! Bon Appetit!