How to become an honorary donor?
It is good to do good deeds, especially if they are not only easy to implement, but also rewarded. On the one hand, we are doing good and already from this we feel very well. On the other hand, the society expresses its gratitude to us. One of these cases is blood donation. In this article you can find out How to become a donor. Let us consider this activity from a purely practical point of view.
How to become an honorary donor
An honorary donor is a badge given in Russia to those who have passed a certain amount of blood and / or its components. To get it, completely free of charge:
- Donate blood 40 times, and you will become an honorary donor, it does not matter if you donated blood or any of its components, with the exception of plasma.
- Or donate plasma 40 times and donate blood and its components 25 times.
- You can donate blood less than 25 times, but then you need to donate blood plasma 60 times alone or in total.
- Or just pass the plasma 60 times.
After that, the Ministry of Health awards, and you get all the benefits that an honorary donor has.
Benefits of an honorary donor
- Each honorary donor of Russia receives an annual pension of 12 thousand rubles.
- The right to extraordinary treatment in municipal and state health care institutions.
- The annual provision of paid leave.
- The acquisition of preferential vouchers at work or from an educational institution as a matter of priority.
You can also find information about benefits in the article What are the benefits for donors.
How blood donation affects health
For a physically and mentally healthy person, donating blood, in quantity and frequency not exceeding the established norms, does not cause significant harm to health. And for certain organs such as the liver and spleen, it altogether facilitates the work and prevents diseases.
Renewal of blood is useful both for immunity and for the heart with the circulatory system. More recently, bloodletting was one of the most common methods of treatment and prevention of many diseases.