How to clean the microwave at home
In most cases, all family members use this kitchen assistant. As a result, fat spots appear on the surface of the household appliance and inside. Therefore, in today's article I will explain how to clean a microwave at home, and consider safe and effective cleaning methods.
Household appliances greatly facilitates the life of the modern housewife, and not least in the list of such assistants is a microwave. It allows you to defrost food in the shortest possible time, prepare an excellent dish or warm up a dish before a meal.
Safety and precautions
As with other appliances, cleaning the microwave requires a proper, careful and as safe approach. To protect yourself and loved ones from problems and unpleasant consequences, listen to the following recommendations.
- Before cleaning, make sure that the appliance is not connected to the power supply. Do not allow children, dogs, cats and other pets to the kitchen until the process is complete.
- During the procedure, pay special attention to cleaning the door and sealing gum. Family safety depends on the purity of these elements.
- Any means purchased in the store or made by yourself, apply with gloves. When cleaning the microwave chemistry, take care of proper ventilation of the room.
- In the case of steam cleaning use a protective stand. Often, under the pressure of the steam, the door opens, and boiling water splashes around the room.
- Do not use abrasive sponges, brushes with metal bristles, gels and powders that contain strong acids, solid particles or chlorine. Otherwise, damage the protective layer of the microwave oven.
- Solvents and alcohols are not suitable for cleaning the instrument. Their use is fraught with damage to the surface of the equipment, electric shock or fire.
If you never had to clean the microwave yourself, repeatedly read the material and follow the recommendations. If necessary, seek help from experienced friends.
How to clean the microwave in 5 minutes
Sometimes there is a need for high-speed cleaning of a microwave oven, but it is not always at hand there is a bottle of purchased chemistry or a time-tested folk remedy. In this case, ordinary water comes to the rescue. Water-based microwave cleaning technology is called steaming.
Pour two glasses of water into a plastic container and put in a microwave. Activate the timer for 10 minutes at medium or maximum power. Upon completion of the program, unplug the device from the network, remove the container and wipe the inside of the equipment with a cloth or napkin.
The secret of this method is painfully simple. In 10 minutes the water begins to boil, and under the influence of hot steam, the fat softens. To improve the effect, I recommend adding some vinegar, citric acid or soda to the water.
Clean the microwave inside
With regular use, the inner chamber of the microwave gets dirty, no matter how carefully the hostess treats the appliance. For cleaning the internal walls of the kitchen assistant, they use both folk remedies and purchased chemicals.Let's see what is better to deal with fat, sticky food residues and unpleasant odor, which appeared after cooking chips, fish or meat.
Effective folk remedies
When the amount of fat in a microwave becomes catastrophic, some mistresses resort to chemistry in order to eliminate it, others use the most safe methods based on folk remedies. And if the family has kids or allergies, natural remedies become indispensable. We will consider them.
- Vinegar. Dissolve 2 tablespoons of vinegar in 150 ml of water. Pour the resulting composition into a plastic container, put in a microwave and turn on the timer for 5 minutes at medium or maximum power. After misting the glass, turn off and walk along the walls with a clean sponge. This method has a drawback - an unpleasant smell of acetic acid, so after the procedure, properly ventilate the furnace chamber.
- Lemon acid. When used correctly, this tool provides excellent results. Dilute two sachets of the mixture with a glass of water and place in a special container in the oven. After 5 minutes of operation of the device at medium or maximum power, remove the softened fat with a damp sponge.
- . This tool is used by people who have found metal pans and cast-iron frying pans. With the primary task of soda copes with "excellent", but leaves scratches on the inner surface. In the future, it becomes more difficult to eliminate pollution, therefore, I recommend using more benign remedies for internal cleaning.
- Lemon. After using lemon, the microwave oven not only becomes clean, but also smells good. Pour 2 cups of water into the container, cut the fruit in half, squeeze the juice, add to the water along with the leftover lemon. Put the container in the microwave, turn it on for 10 minutes, then wipe the inside surface with a napkin or paper towel.
Interestingly, to cope with the smell accumulated inside the microwave is more difficult than with stains. Even citric acid with detergents sometimes turns out to be powerless. Fortunately, there are substances that absorb third-party odors. Among them are activated carbon and salt.
Pour a glass into a large bowl, add 10 tablets of activated carbon pounded into powder, mix and place in a microwave overnight.In the morning, with surprise, you will find that the unpleasant smell has disappeared. I advise you to carry out this simple procedure after each complex cleaning.
Thanks to the chemical industry, we have access to a large number of products that quickly and efficiently clean the microwave oven. When developing these tools, all requirements imposed by manufacturers of household appliances are taken into account, so this chemistry is safe for the appliance elements.
The list of effective and popular means is headed by the products of the brands “Mr. Muskul”, “Cillit Bang”, “AmWay”. Powder products are diluted with water before use, and liquids are applied to the surface from a sprayer. Later the place is wiped with a clean cloth.
If you decide to use household chemicals to clean the microwave, be sure to read the instructions. If the first attempt to remove the pollution failed, repeat the procedure.
Purchased chemistry has several drawbacks, among which is high cost. Also, after using such a product, it becomes necessary to thoroughly rinse the chamber. If the oven is washed poorly, when heated, chemicals will enter the cooked dish. It is not safe.
The housewives are well aware of the disadvantages of purchased chemistry, so they often use folk remedies, which we talked about earlier.
How to quickly clean the microwave outside?
When using a microwave, fat appears not only inside but also outside. If on the case there were stains and stains, proceed.
- Soda solution - the best tool for external cleaning. Spray the solution over the plastic surface, wait 15 minutes and remove with a damp sponge. At the end, walk with a dry cloth. To remove dirt in the seams and around the keys, use toothpicks and cotton swabs.
- Household chemicals are also suitable for surface cleaning, for example, Fakir or Fenolux. Apply a little on a clean sponge and walk on the surface. Next, wipe the body of the microwave with a damp cloth. Remove the remaining moisture with a towel.
Thanks to such simple manipulations, without special efforts, you will return the original look to your indispensable assistant, and she will express gratitude in the form of tasty and fragrant treats, for example, baked apples.
Due to certain reasons, whether it is a lack of free time or a banal laziness, cleaning the microwave oven is often postponed until later. This is not the best way to keep equipment clean.Periodic preventive cleaning is much better, because it helps save time and prolongs service life. What is needed for this?
- After each cooking, wipe the inside of the microwave with a sponge or a damp cloth.
- If the dish escapes or burns during cooking, turn off the appliance, wash the rotating stand and continue cooking.
- Before sending the dish to the oven for heating, cover it with a special lid. It will prevent fat from entering the inner walls of the chamber. Buy a cover is not difficult.
- Once a week, clean the microwave by steaming. Such cleaning requires a little time and prevents the appearance of fat on the walls of old stains.
Practice shows that fresh pollution at home is much easier to remove. Still old stains of fat - an ideal place for the settlement and reproduction of bacteria, which then get into the food, so preventive cleaning - the guarantee of health.
I hope these simple microwave cleaning tips will ease your lot and make care of your appliance quick and comfortable.