How to close the page?
The rapid development of computer technology has led to the fact that almost every home has its own personal computer, laptop or tablet, and maybe all at once. But in most cases, PCs are used for entertainment purposes, therefore, users often do not know many features of using this device.
Every day, visiting the pages of the Internet, communicating in the social. networks and various instant messengers, we reserve a variety of personal information. But is it safe? Do not close the site pages, lay out personal information in the social. networks, keep saved passwords in the browser? - Of course not!
Every user who respects himself and his information security should know how to clear the pages viewed, the history of visits, their passwords and correspondence. First, let's figure out how to close the page in the browser.
Ways to close pages
In any browser, be it Firefox, Google Chrome, IExplorer, Opera, there is the possibility of closing tabs with hot keys and the usual “cross”. Let's look at all the ways:
- In order to close the current tab in any browser, you can use the key combination CTRL + W.
- The next option to close a tab is to click on the red cross in the upper right corner of the name of the current tab (namely the tab, not the browser window).
- You can right-click on the tab name and select one of the possible options for closing tabs:
- Close tab - closes the current tab.
- Close other tabs - closes all tabs except the active one (this is very convenient if you opened a bunch of unnecessary tabs during the search, and finally found what you were looking for in the active one).
- Close tabs on the right - closes all tabs on the right side of the active one.
- Close tabs on the left - closes all tabs, on the left side of the active one.
- To close all tabs at once, you can also use the combination CTRL + SHIFT + W.
How to close the page, we figured out, now move on to the next point of safe communication in the network - clearing the cache and history of visits.
Here the instruction will also be the same for all browsers:
- Go to the settings section of your browser.
- Open the "History of visits" section.
- Click the button “Clear history” and confirm the deletion.
In the same way, through the settings section, you can also clear cookies - the section where the passwords and logins you entered are stored.
We close access to the sites
Sometimes it may be necessary to disable access from a computer to certain pages or web resources. Let's look at how to close access to the Vkontaket page in Windows and Ubuntu operating systems.
We close access to Ubuntu
- We open the terminal (you can do this through the user interface, but this is faster and easier).
- Now enter the command: sudo gedit / etc / hosts - it will open the configuration file.
- Now at the end of the file that opens, we add the line: 127.0.0.1 vk.com
- Save the file and reboot the computer.
- That's all ready, by the way, so you can close access to absolutely any site. It is necessary to add to the end of the file the line indicated in paragraph 3, simply changing the website address in it to the one you need.
Denying access to sites from Windows
Here everything looks almost the same as in the previous instructions. But there are some small tricks:
- Go to the folder in the following path: "C: \ windows \ system32 \ drivers \ etc".
- In the open folder, look for the hosts file.
- We open this file using notepad (by the way, to perform these operations you should log in to Windows under the Administrator account).
- Now, just like in Linux, at the end of the file we add the line: 127.0.0.1 vk.com
- Save the file and reboot the computer.
That's all, thus, you get a closed page of the site Vkontakte.
We close access to our page on the web.
It's worth talking about another opportunity to protect your personal information on the global network from unauthorized persons. To do this, you need to know how to make the page closed so that unfamiliar people could not find it in a search engine.
- Go to the page of your social network.
- Go to the settings section.
- Find the "Privacy" or "Access to the page."
- Select "Do not index in search engines."
- In the page access settings section, select the item “Only see friends added to friends” or “No one sees”.
- Save the settings.
So we figured out how easy it is to protect yourself in the network!