How to connect a subwoofer in the car?
Watch the video
Connecting the subwoofer to the car is not a time-consuming task, and the effect of connecting such a device can please any car enthusiast. Thanks to the subwoofer, you can achieve high-quality bass, and, therefore, make the speaker system of the machine more solid. In this article we will discuss how you can connect a subwoofer to the car. First of all, let's see what is needed for this.
Subwoofer connection equipment
To connect any subwoofer, you will need to purchase:
- Amplifier from two channels and above.
- Wires with fuse. It is desirable that they be in a protective sheath that does not crush during operation (corrugation). The length of the wires will depend on the specific model of your car.
- You will also need wire-tulips to connect to the radio and to the amplifier. You need to buy them a set of wires in which you can connect from the amplifier to the subwoofer.
Now consider where it is better to install a subwoofer.
Subwoofer installation locations
We consider three types of cars for which the most suitable will be different places for the installation of a subwoofer.
- In the case of a sedan, the rear shelf is the best place to install a subwoofer. At the same time, during installation of the subwoofer, it is necessary to make sure that the subwoofer diffuser is not closed, otherwise it will be impossible to achieve high sound quality.
- In the case of a hatchback car, you can install the speaker in the trunk.
- For an SUV and crossover, the installation of a subwoofer can also be made in the luggage compartment. And it is better to have it in the middle.
Before you install the subwoofer and connect the wires, be sure to make sure that the negative terminal of the battery is disconnected, otherwise there is a risk of short circuit, you should also think in advance about where the fuse will be installed. It is recommended to fix the fuse with a screw.
- Next, you need to find a place where the wires will be held to connect the subwoofer.Then find the power cord and connect it to the fuse. Experts recommend connecting the wires so that they pass along the edge of the cabin.
- Also when wiring is recommended to dismantle the rear seats. Cables need to be connected to the subwoofer sab out, remote wiring should be connected to the output of rmt. Please note that the wiring of these wires should occur in such a way as not to touch the power wires.
- Finally, you need to connect the power wires to the amplifier terminal, then attach the ground wire.
- Now it remains to connect the positive lead of the amplifier to the battery.
- Negative wire can be mounted on any secure mount.
- The battery cable can be stretched among the rubber bushings next to the clutch cable.
You can check the sound quality. If in the process of work you hear that the subwoofer is wheezing, you should not immediately suspect it of poor-quality performance and return to the store. The fact is that any subwoofer has a warm-up period, which can be from 2 to 8 hours. During this period, wheezing and wheezing can be characteristic features of any subwoofer.It is not recommended to use the subwoofer immediately at full capacity, as this may lead to a malfunction in its operation.
When you will carry out the removal of the radio and other elements, use special pullers, which are keys for various purposes.
We recommend reading useful articles on the topic. In them you will find information on how you can connect, configure and pick up a subwoofer.