How to cook beetroot soup?
In the cold season it is so pleasant to please the family with a fragrant hot dish. Hot beetroot can become the king of the table and rightfully win a place in the piggy bank of recipes of any hostess. Cooking beetroot soup is quite simple. There are several recipes for making this bright dish.
How to cook a classic beetroot
The classic recipe involves cooking soup in broth from chicken, beef, or any other meat.
- Broth - 2 liters
- Beets - 3 pcs.
- Tomatoes - 1-2 pcs. or tomato paste
- Potatoes - 2 pcs.
- Lemon juice
- Sugar, salt - to taste
Step by Step Cooking
- Peel the beets, cut into thin strips or grate on a coarse grater, sprinkle with lemon juice, stew with tomatoes or pasta.
- Dice potatoes, place boiling water or meat broth.
- After 10-15 minutes, add stewed beets, favorite spices, salt, sugar, cook for 20 minutes.
- Serve beetroot soup in a la carte plates, seasoned with sour cream, dill, green onions.Optionally put a quarter of boiled eggs.
Lenten beetroot soup
One of the options for making soup is a recipe based on vegetable or mushroom broth. Lenten beetroot will appeal to those who do not eat meat or diets. Lean soup is cooked according to the classic recipe, but instead of meat broth, broth is boiled on vegetables or mushrooms.
Lean beetroot soup
The original version of cooking hot beetroot - lean soup-puree.
- Carrots - 2 pcs.
- Onion - 2 pcs.
- Celery - 2 pcs.
- Apple - 1 pc.
- Garlic - 2 cloves
- Seasoning mix: cumin, thyme, black pepper
Step by Step Cooking
- Cook the vegetable broth. To do this, put onion, carrots and celery in a saucepan with 1.5 liters of water, cook for about 30 minutes, add spices.
- Potatoes, apples, carrots and chopped onions, chopped beets.
- Preheat oven to 190 degrees and bake vegetables for 40 minutes in a baking dish, sprinkle with olive oil. It is the roasting of vegetables that gives the cream soup a delicate and rich taste.
- Transfer the vegetables to the pan with the broth, cook for 5-7 minutes.
- Grind the soup with a blender until mashed.
- Serve the soup in portions, garnished with a sprig of dill.