How to cook Braga?
The notorious son of the Turkish national O. Bender knew two hundred recipes for making moonshine from anything, including from a stool. But in order for this alcoholic drink to be as tasty as possible, it is necessary to properly prepare the mash for it.
How to cook mash from jam
Very simple and does not require large capital investment method. If you have suddenly found the last year's jam in your closet, you should not throw it away. You can try to make a pretty tasty - and intoxicated besides - a drink.
- three liters of jam,
- one hundred grams of yeast,
- fifteen liters of water
- a half kilogram of sugar.
- All components are poured into a large, glass can, with a narrow neck. Mix thoroughly with a wooden spatula. Sugar, like yeast, must be completely dissolved.
- The mixture is covered and put in a dark warm place for up to five days. At this time, the fermentation process takes place, accompanied by a characteristic odor.
- After the expiration date, we pour off the mash, filter through gauze and filter, cool and drink. In the same way, it is possible to make mash from the jam for moonshine, and then to overtake in the corresponding apparatus.
Braga from sugar
This method is also nationwide and easily accessible. If you decide to cook homemade sugar from homemade sugar, follow the step-by-step instructions below.
- Dissolve one hundred grams of yeast in warm water and stir thoroughly.
- Now, add sugar (1.5 kilograms) to the same water and mix thoroughly so that all the sugar is dissolved.
- The resulting liquid set in a warm place for fermentation.
- When the fermentation stops, you can drink the heady drink. It can also be used to make moonshine.
Braga made from rice, red currants and sugar
One of the recipes (not the easiest) - using rice and red currants. Cooked on rice and currant liquor liquid resembles a light wine and is drunk with great pleasure.
- Dissolve one kilogram of granulated sugar in three liters of warm purified water.
- We also dissolve 25 grams of dry yeast.
- The resulting liquid pour half a kilo of pure round ordinary rice.
- We clean in a warm place and insist up to ten days.
- And only after that we add a glass of fresh grated red currant into the already almost ready mash and insist for another ten days. This delicious drink can be bottled, corked and put in a refrigerator or pantry.
A few more recipes for the preparation of home brew read in our article - How to make a home brew.
Remember also that braga should be consumed moderately. Excessive consumption of it is fraught with such consequences: the process of fermentation in the stomach, bloating, flatulence, food poisoning. The permissible rate of consumption of light alcoholic beverages (and mash, of course, applies to them) - 250 grams per day.