How to cook chicken hearts tasty and easy
By-products are not popular just because not everyone knows how to cook them. Chicken hearts are inexpensive, they are available for everyone. With some culinary experience, they make delicious dishes. In addition, they are rich in amino acids, vitamins and minerals and are ideal for those who prefer healthy food and diets.
In the article I will not only talk about this product, but also consider the most interesting cooking recipes at home.
Preparatory stages: cooking technology
Chicken hearts do not have tendons, but inside there may be blood clots that should be removed. Before processing, each is cut along, open like a book and remove clots, vessels in the form of tubes or veins. After that, rinse with running cold water.
The by-product is cooked in the oven, multicooker, fried, stewed, boiled. Just not too long to keep juiciness and softness.You can fry in hot vegetable oil until a light crust appears, then add onions and carrots.
It is best to cook in a sealed container, in order to preserve juiciness, so that in the end the dish does not become hard. The duration of cooking depends on how young the meat is: the older the chicken, the longer it will cook until fully cooked. If the hearts of chickens, it will take only half an hour, and if mature chickens - about two hours. The approximate "age" can be determined by color.
Chicken hearts occupy an important position in the list of healthy and healthy products. The calorie content of boiled hearts is approximately 183 kcal per 100 g. If you cook using sour cream, cheese and other nourishing ingredients, the nutritional value increases significantly.
Hearts are enriched with poly- and mono-unsaturated fats, vitamins PP, groups B, A, and contain minerals: zinc, phosphorus, iron, potassium, copper, calcium, magnesium, molybdenum, cobalt, chromium and manganese.
Cooking delicious chicken hearts in a frying pan in sour cream
Among popular recipes - stewing in sour cream in a pan. To prepare the culinary masterpiece you will need a simple grocery set.
- 600 g hearts;
- 2 cloves of garlic;
- 100 g onions;
- 100 g sour cream;
- 200 g of basmati rice;
- 20 g butter;
- salt and pepper, ground, to taste;
- mix "Provencal herbs".
- Onions and garlic are chopped, fried in butter until transparent.
- Excess fat and blood vessels are removed from the hearts. After that, they can be spread on a frying pan and fry on medium heat until the pink color disappears.
- Sour cream, salt and pepper are added, the fire is reduced and the dish is covered with a lid.
- Simmer for about half an hour.
- Meanwhile, rice is boiled and oil is added to it.
- After 30 minutes, when the hearts have become soft, it's time to spice up with a mixture of aromatic Provencal herbs.
- Cook the dish until the extra moisture is gone.
The table is served as follows: rice is laid out on a plate, a small depression is made in the middle, in which hearts are placed as a slide. The decoration of the dish can be green vegetables and tomatoes.
Roast hearts with potatoes and prunes in pots
Cooking this tasty dish is absolutely easy.
- 1 kg of hearts;
- potatoes - 500g;
- medium onion;
- medium carrot;
- garlic head;
- 8 pieces prunes;
- a pinch of paprika;
- 2 tsp. dried dill and salt.
- Prepare the hearts, clean the vegetables, wash with water, cut the garlic into plates, and prunes with cubes.
- The components are mixed with hearts, add salt and pepper. Separate the potatoes into cubes, put them in pots in portions. Cubes can be made large. Lay out vegetables and by-products from above.
- Fill all with boiling water (в cup in each pot), cover with lids and ship to an oven preheated to 180 degrees. An hour later, the dish is ready.
Chicken hearts kebabs in the oven
Very original and tasty recipe, which you will surprise households and guests.
- A kilogram of offal.
- Soy sauce - 6 tbsp. l
- Honey - 2 tbsp. l
- Balsamic vinegar - 3 tbsp. l
- Salt and pepper - to taste.
- Hearts are washed, cleaned, if necessary, and stored in a deep container in which to marinate.
- All components - honey, vinegar, sauce, spices are added to the dish, mix thoroughly with your hands and leave for 1.5 hours.
- Then strung on wooden skewers and placed in a baking dish.
- On top of the billet, pour the remainder of the marinade, and add a few glasses of water to the mold.
- Skewers are placed in a preheated oven (180 degrees), where they cook about 15 minutes. After turn over and bake another 20 minutes.
How to cook chicken hearts in a slow cooker
Cooking in a slow cooker simplifies the process, because the dish does not need to constantly monitor.
- 1 kg of offal;
- 1 onion;
- 1 carrot.
- Hearts are washed, peeled, onions and carrots are cleaned, crushed and added to the by-product.
- All prepared components are added to the multicooker bowl.
- Salt and pepper are added to taste, everything is mixed.
- A stew or soup cooking program is selected, and a timer is set for 45 minutes.
What can be cooked from chicken hearts
I have already presented some delicious and simple recipes from chicken hearts, but this is not the whole culinary arsenal. What else can be cooked from them?
Hearts in cheese sauce
Another amazing dish that completely changes the perception of by-product. To make fragrant and tender hearts, you need simple and affordable products.
- sour cream (20% fat) - 3 tbsp. l .;
- Processed cheese ("Amber") - 100 g;
- garlic - 2 cloves;
- bulbs - 2 pieces;
- salt, pepper - to taste;
- starch - 2 pinches;
- dill, parsley;
- refined sunflower oil - for frying;
- hearts - 700 g
- It is better to cook in a deep pan with heated vegetable oil. In such a prepared container lay out hearts, pepper and salt. On an intense fire, fry for about 3 minutes.
- Then do the fire less and fry another 15 minutes.
- Dice the onions, fry until golden brown in another pan and add to the hearts, leaving the stew for another 15 minutes over low heat.
- Do not forget to stir from time to time.
- Greens are washed in running water, dried on a napkin, finely chopped. Garlic clean, chop.
- We rub cheese on a coarse grater and add along with sour cream to the by-product, mix.
- Watch, when the cheese is melted, add starch, herbs and garlic to the pan. We bring to a boil, try on salt, if necessary, add more and remove from heat. Fragrant and tasty hearts in cheese sauce are ready.
If traditional entrees are fed up with monotony, you can make chicken hearts soup. It does not take much time and will require a minimum set of products.
- 500 g of offal;
- 3 large potatoes;
- Bay leaf;
- ground pepper.
- The cooking scheme does not require outstanding culinary abilities: we prepare hearts, clearing everything that is superfluous, we clean vegetables.
- While the broth is boiling, cut the potatoes into cubes, rub the carrot on a fine grater, and chop the onion.
- After 30 minutes we add potatoes to the hearts, after a few minutes we reduce the fire.
- Then fry carrots and onions in vegetable oil until golden.
- 15 minutes after the potatoes were poured, we put in our soup roast, season with bay leaves, pepper, do not forget to salt, and decorate with chopped parsley.
- Classic soup is ready to eat.
This version of the first dish can be prepared with the addition of vermicelli. Here you can do without potatoes, and the soup will be light and tender. The principle of cooking is preserved, as in the previous version, but the noodles are cooked for no more than 7 minutes.
Chicken hearts salad will also delight you with its taste.
- hearts - 500 g;
- cucumbers (pickled or fresh) - 2 pcs .;
- eggs - 4 pcs .;
- canned corn - 1 can;
- mayonnaise - 250 g;
- pepper and salt.
- Boil hearts in salted water, and add bay leaf for flavor. Boil after boiling for 20 minutes, at the end, drain the liquid.
- While the hearts are preparing, boil the eggs, and cucumbers cut into cubes.
- Then the cooled eggs and hearts nashinkovat ringlets or cubes.
- Ingredients combine in a salad bowl. Do not forget to add corn, and also fill with mayonnaise and pepper. Mix everything thoroughly and decorate with chopped greens before serving.
The benefits and harm of chicken hearts
Besides the fact that chicken meat is enriched with vitamins and minerals, it is also well absorbed, which makes it indispensable in a healthy diet.
Regular consumption of by-product allows you to:
- Strengthen the heart, blood vessels and nervous system.
- Accelerate tissue repair in the post-operative period.
- Achieve positive dynamics in the treatment of anemia.
Copper, which is rich in hearts, helps hemoglobin and certain hormones to be synthesized in the body, and amino acids make them the most important dish in the diet of athletes and children.
With obvious benefits, older people still should not get too carried away with hearts because of high cholesterol levels. As the saying goes: "Measure is needed in everything." Also, they are not recommended for allergies.
A selection of culinary secrets for those who want heart-shaped dishes to be even tastier and healthier.
- If you are preparing a child, make sure that they undergo a thorough heat treatment. Boil for about an hour.
- Most often for cooking in a slow cooker choose the program "Baking" and set the timer for 50 minutes.
- In a pressure cooker, quenching will take no more than half an hour.
- In a double boiler is prepared from 1.5 hours.
- Before frying, the hearts are boiled for 5 minutes.
- Unpleasant smell has a spoiled product. When buying, specify the expiration date.
- The bitterness in the finished dish arises if the hearts have not been cleansed of the veins and films.
- Onions and carrots soften the by-product. The same effect is achieved when cooking in a cheese or sour cream sauce.
Chicken hearts in a series of by-products have a delicate and pleasant taste. And they are suitable for those who care about health and prefer healthy food. You can cook them as often as you wish, and even surprise the guests with unusual recipes at the holiday table.