How to cook dolma - a recipe for a young housewife
Dolma is a traditional oriental dish thatakin to well-known cabbage rolls and stuffed products. Although many for some reason are afraid that they will not be able to cook it properly, since they do not know how to make a dolma, but in fact it is quite a simple dish that even the earliest mistress can easily prepare.
The very principle of dolma is minced, wrapped in freshor pickled grape leaves. And although traditionally for dolma, eastern chefs take lamb, beef or pork also not bad in harmony with the leaves of grapes and sour cream sauce.
Recipe - how to cook dolma in the eastern
• A kilogram of minced meat from mutton (or a mixture of different types of meat).
• Grape leaves 30-40 pieces. Usually, the leaves of white grape varieties are used.
• Round rice - about half the glass.
• Onion - 2 pcs.
• Large tomato - 1 pc.
• Garlic - a pair of teeth.
• Salt, black pepper.
• Greens: basil, dill, parsley. Also very tasty with oregano (oregano), tarragon (tarhun).
1. Prepare the grape leaves. Take smaller leaves, because it is believed that the dolma is the more delicious, the smaller its size. In a cup of hot water, hold the leaves for about 10 minutes.
2. Wash and finely chop the greens and onions.
3. Bat the tomato with boiling water to make it easier to remove the skin. Finely chop the flesh.
4. Rinse the rice several times and boil for about 5 minutes. The rice should be semi-finished, as it will still be cooked and must keep its shape.
5. In a bowl, combine the tomato, rice, onion, greens and stuffing. Through the press, skip the garlic and add to the filling for the dolma. Carefully knead minced meat, salt, add pepper ground.
6. Prepare the dishes, since it's better to cook dolma in a thick-walled saucepan or mold. At the bottom of the pot, pour a little vegetable oil and cover the bottom with a few large grape leaves, which will be laid dolma.
7. How to cook dolma? The technology is as follows: lay a full teaspoon of ground meat on the center of the grape leaf. Make an envelope from the sheet: first bend the bottom of the sheet, then the sides, and then the top. The filling is completely closed.
How to boil dolma?
Prepared envelopes tightly one to onelay on the bottom of the pan. To prevent the leaves from turning during cooking, the dolma needs to be fixed with a press. To do this, a plate that closes all envelopes and a mug of water placed on a plate as a press will be very good.
Fill the dolma with hot water so that it only slightly covers the top row of envelopes. Bring to a boil and reduce the heat - cook for about 25 minutes.
To check the readiness, pierce the grape leaf with a fork: if you feel soft, the dolma is ready. If not, and the leaves are still solid, then boil dolm for another 15 or 20 minutes.
When the dolma is ready, lay it on a flat dish and pour the sauce over it.
How to make sauce for dolma?
A glass of sour cream or yogurt combine with finely-finechopped or chopped in a blender greens. Pour into a sauce a couple of cloves of garlic, passed through garlic crock, salt, pepper and mix well.
With this sauce, pour a hot dolma and serve to the table.
As a basis for the sauce, you can also use the broth, in which the dolma was prepared. The main condition - spicy sauce should have an acidic or sweet-sour taste.
How to cook veal dolma? In this case, the mincemeat is wrapped with minced meat from lentils, red beans, peas, wheat cereals, tomato paste and toasted onions. In Azerbaijan, a stuffing is made from a mixture of aubergines, sweet pepper and tomato.
Since it is not difficult to cook dolma, this dish can be served not only at the festive table, but also in everyday kitchen.