How to cook pickle with pearl barley?
Watch the video
Rassolnik is a rather old Russian dish. Beginning around the 15th century, brine was added to the dishes. Due to the fact that its quantity and concentration were different, a lot of new different dishes appeared, for example, from the most popular ones - solyanka, kalya and pickle.
Interestingly, earlier the pickle was prepared as a vegetarian dish. Naturally, there were no vegetarians back then, just the dish did not imply the use of meat. Later, people began to use offal for broth and soup stuffing. In this article we will look at how to make pickle pickles with barley, using a modern recipe.
Meat pickle recipe
The type of cereal used in the soup is directly dependent on the meat. For example, rice porridge is used in the preparation of pickle on chicken or turkey meat or the same vegetarian pickle. Pearl barley that we will use in the recipe,needed when cooking soup from kidney or beef.
You will need:
- 150 grams of pearl barley;
- 500 grams of potatoes;
- 500 grams of beef;
- 300 grams of pickled cucumbers;
- 1 onion;
- 2 carrots;
- 3 tablespoons of tomato paste;
- salt, pepper, bay leaf;
- vegetable oil.
- Boil the meat in a liter of salted water for an hour.
- Remove it, cut it into pieces and send it back to the broth.
- Wash the pearl barley grits.
- Add it to the broth and cook for 30 minutes.
- After 30 minutes, add the sliced potatoes to the pan with the meat and porridge and cook for another 15 minutes.
- Finely chop the onion, grate the carrot on a fine grater.
- Pour some vegetable oil into the pan and fry onions and carrots to a golden condition.
- Cut the pickles into strips.
- Add cucumbers to onions and carrots and pour 70 ml of broth from the pan.
- Add tomato paste to onions, carrots and cucumbers, mix.
- Put in a boiling broth roast and stir, cook another 10 minutes.
Meatless pickle recipe
People who do not eat meat, there is no reason to deny themselves tasty dishes, especially if they are the founders of modern recipes.
You will need:
- 2-3 pieces of pickled cucumbers;
- 1 carrot;
- 1 onion;
- 1 tablespoon of tomato paste;
- a teaspoon of flour;
- vegetable oil;
- salt pepper.
- Soak barley porridge in 300 ml of water for the night - this will help it to boil faster.
- Put the swollen grits in a saucepan, cover with 0.5 liters of water, 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil and let boil.
- At this time, finely chop the onions and carrots.
- Heat vegetable oil in a pan and add carrots and onions to it, fry until golden brown.
- Add flour to the barley and stir thoroughly.
- Add the fried vegetables to the barley in the pan. If it turned out to be thick, add more water (but not more than 400 ml).
- Add the bay leaf and cook for 25 minutes, until the cereal is soft.
- Peel the potatoes, cut them into cubes and send them to the soup, cook for about 10 minutes.
- Slice the pickles and add to the soup.
- Salt, pepper and boil for 5-6 minutes.
Serve the pickle hot and with sour cream.