How to cook steamed patties?
Cutlets are a familiar and favorite dish on any table. They are great for lunch and dinner, and sometimes for breakfast. Garnish for meatballs is easy to pick up - they are perfectly combined with any pasta, potatoes, all kinds of salads and sauces. We are all accustomed to fried golden-brown meatballs. But cutlets can be cooked in a double boiler, so they will be much more useful. Many do not know how to cook steamed patties tasty and thus combine business with pleasure.
Steamed cutlets: a recipe
You will need:
- 300 gr. chicken fillet or veal;
- 1 slice of white bread;
- 1 onion;
- Soak white bread in water and squeeze.
- Rinse and dry the chicken or veal fillets. Pass the meat through a meat grinder twice and add bread to it.
- Salt and spice to taste.
- Mince form small patties. They are steamed for about half an hour.
- If desired, chopped onions can be added to chops.
- If you want to make diet patties, it’s better not to add spices and limit the amount of salt.
- Unsharp and unsalted minced meat patties are recommended to be included in the diet for gastric ulcer or cholecystitis.
Steamed baby cutlets
You will need:
- 400 gr. chicken fillet
- 1 slice of white bread
- 1 small onion
- Put a pot of water on the fire, wait until it boils. Place a special grate over boiling water and cover it with gauze.
- Chicken fillet mince several times.
- Add to the meat, soaked bread in milk and onions.
- Skip minced meat again.
- Add salt to the mince. You can add a little greenery, such as basil. Unsharp and fragrant spices, such as oregano and nutmeg, are also excellent for children's cutlets.
- From the mincemeat roll small balls and place on the grid. Cooking steamed patties lasts 20 minutes.
- Steamed burgers are usually not breaded. Breadcrumbs under the influence of steam sodden and lose their properties.The appearance of the dish will also suffer, so it is better to do without breading.
- It is preferable to use minced meat or skip the meat through a meat grinder several times.
- Since steamed cutlets are often used as a dietary meal, it is best to choose lean meat, for example, chicken fillet, veal, lean pork.
- For steamed patties, it is better to add non-spicy spices that add flavor: basil, nutmeg, parsley, marjoram.
- If you are cooking in a double boiler, then put the cutlets in one row.
- If you do not have a double boiler, then you can build it yourself, covering the pot of boiling water with a special grill. Instead of a lattice, you can use a colander, but it is not so convenient. Both the grate and the colander need to be covered with a lid so that the steamed cutlets will be properly prepared.