How to cook yogurt in a slow cooker?
Many housewives greatly simplify their lives by buying a slow cooker. Thanks to this device they spend less time on cooking. In addition, following simple cooking recipes, you can make delicious dishes.
In the slow cooker you can cook a lot of dishes, which is described in detail in our article - What can you cook in a slow cooker.
However, few people know that you can make homemade yogurt in a slow cooker. This will be discussed below.
How to cook yogurt in a slow cooker
There are many recipes for yogurt cooked in a slow cooker. Basically, milk and sourdough are used in cooking in the form of natural yoghurt from the store. Here are some simple recipes for making yogurt.
Basic yogurt recipe
To cook yogurt in a slow cooker with a basic recipe, follow these instructions:
- We buy 1 liter of pasteurized milk and one natural yoghurt (plain or fruit).
- Heat milk to 40 degrees in a saucepan and add yogurt.Stir until smooth. You can use a mixer.
- After that, pour the mixture into small jars that fit in the slow cooker. Before this, it is necessary to wash the jars well so that the bacteria do not get into the yogurt.
- We put a towel on the bottom of the multicooker and put jars covered with a lid or cling film on top, but not tightly.
- Pour water up to about 40 degrees to the “hangers” of cans.
- Turn on the slow cooker in heating mode for 20 minutes, and then disconnect from the network and leave closed for an hour.
- Then turn on the heating for 20 minutes. And then turn off for an hour.
Next, remove a few cans in the fridge, and leave the rest in a slow cooker. Thus, you can determine the time of yearning yogurt, which is useful in the future to adjust the recipe.
How to cook yogurt with cream
You need to take 500 ml of milk and the same 11% cream, one yogurt and 3 tablespoons of sugar. Stir, also pour into jars and put in a slow cooker. However, you should pour water to the lower division of the multi-cooker. Then warm for 20 minutes, and then leave the yogurt for 2 hours in a slow cooker.
The yogurt recipe can always be adjusted by adding various ingredients: fruits, spices, caramel, chocolate and many other products.