How to create a project?
Watch the video
There are many specialized programsto create an interior space. Some of them are amateur oriented, some are for professionals, and they also differ in their purpose. The most widely used programs are those that allow you to create a 3D project for interior design, such as: 3D Studio MAX and Sweet Home 3D.
3D Studio MAX
The program 3D Studio MAX allows you to create a project from start to finish. It consists of 6 significant panels:
The image is shown from above, from the front, from the leftAs a projection and perspective (as a three-dimensional view). Work on building a room begins with the creation of walls. This can be done in several ways: from the boxes; use plays and polygons; application of splines with stretching. We will use the latter option, because it is simpler.
- From the main menu, select Customize -Unitssetup, in the appeared window - Metric, the grid step is specified in Customize - Grid and snaps settings. So, the spline (room plan) is created. Next, you need to extrude the spline in height.
- Use the amount, segments, cap start, and cap end parameters.
- Convert the object to a polygon mesh.
- Drag the vertices on the Vertex sublayer. To the polygons near the door and window, use the Bridge command.
- The bevel of the window is done by scaling the vertices.
- The floor of the room can be created with a plaine, and the ceiling can be created with a snap.
- The frame for the window is created by 2 rectangles, thenextruded, chamfered with Chamfer, Smooth with Autosmooth. Spline, which repeats the contours of the room, and a copy of it creates skirting floor and ceiling.
- Go to creating ordinary furniture. The sofa can be created with the help of three boxes, placing two of them between one big one, forming the walls.
- Apply the modifiers chamfer and smooth. When building cabinets, shelves and wardrobes, use boxes with the above modifiers.
- Use materials for color overlay. Using spline, create a table, proextrudate it and apply anti-aliasing to give it a realistic look.
Sweet home 3D
Consider how to create a room project in the Sweet home 3D application.
- First of all, let's start with building walls. To draw walls, select the creation function in the context menu or by using the corresponding icon in the shortcut bar. A wall drawing is considered complete when you click the mouse, reaching the corners of the intersection of the walls. The drawing of the wall is carried out by a single line, while paying attention to the background image. If you want to edit the constructed walls, make sure that the object is selected with a mouse and visually highlighted. In the dialog box, you can change the geometry and texture parameters of the object.
- Copies of furniture and a variety of textures, andalso windows, doors and other accessories are stored in the program registry. You can transfer them to the stage using drag-and-drop with the mouse, while the program uses the snap mode. Objects extracted from the registry are edited in the drawing through the indicators (rotation, change in height, size and location). The color, texture and nature of the furniture surface changes in the dialog box. It is called by double clicking on the object.
- To give a picture of photorealismuse the function of creating images in the 3d-projection. You can select camera mode, image quality, adjust lighting and shadow objects. Sweet Home 3D can be used online.
The following programs can be used as alternatives:
- Google ScketchUp;
- online service Apartam;
- Sweet Home 3D;
- FloorPlan 3D;
- Aston dizayn;
- IKEA Home Planner.
Whichever program you choose, we wish you success in creating new projects!
For additional useful information, see our section Working with programs.