How to do inhalations with a nebulizer?
Watch the video
The nebulizer is a modern device designedfor inhalation in ARVI, angina and influenza. With its help, a gradual dispersion of the therapeutic solution occurs, which penetrates into the deep parts of the respiratory system. Thanks to this recovery comes much faster. But it is important to properly do inhalations with a nebulizer, so as not to reduce the effectiveness of its use. Let us dwell in more detail on how to conduct such a procedure.
How to use a nebulizer
Use the nebulizer according to this instruction
- Wash your hands with soap as carefully as possible.
- Collect the nebulizer according to the instruction that is offered to it.
- Prepare a medication that will be used for inhalation. Dilute it, and then warm it to the desired temperature.
- Pour the resulting solution into a nebulizer tank.
- Close the appliance tightly, and then make sure it is sealed.
- Attach the nasal cannula, mouthpiece, or mask to the nebulizer.
- Connect the instrument to the compressor.
- Turn on the nebulizer and start inhaling the drug solution.
- At the end of the procedure, you must turn off the device, and then wash it with 15% soda solution.
- All its details are then carefully dried and cleaned in a box.
How to do inhalations
It is prohibited to conduct nebulizer inhalations immediatelyafter meal. It is better to start treatment 1.5-2 hours after eating. In carrying out such a procedure, the following recommendations should be adhered to:
- During inhalation you need to sit straight, you can not talk;
- The camera of the device during the inhalation is installed directly;
- If inhalations are needed to treat deeprespiratory tract, then during the procedure breathe slowly and through the mouth. Try to hold your breath for a few seconds. Be sure to inhale with a mask;
- To treat diseases of the larynx and trachea, it is important to inhale the solution through the mouth. Hold the breath is desirable for 2-3 seconds, and then you need to do a full exhalation through the nose;
- In the treatment of the nasopharynx and paranasal sinuses, a cannula or mask is used. Breathing should be calm, inhale and exhale solely through the nose;
- Carry out inhalation preferably for 5-10 minutes;
- After this procedure, it is prohibited to smoke for 1 hour.
When carrying out inhalations with a nebulizer, also use these additional recommendations:
- Before dilution, check the expiration date;
- Store the medication for inhalation only in a sealed container in the refrigerator;
- Once the drug has been opened, it can be used only for 2 weeks;
- Use saline as the solvent for the preparations. Do not use plain water;
- After using the mask, be sure to wash your eyes and face;
- If antibiotics or steroid preparations were used during inhalation, rinse the pharynx and mouth with boiled water after the procedure;
- To conduct inhalation better in a warm room. The patient should have light clothing that will not impede breathing;
- After the procedure, it is recommended to lie for 30-40 minutes, you can not go out and exercise.