How to feed a turkey?
After the birth of turkey poults about 18-20 hours can do without food due to the nutrients of the eggs from which they just hatched. Then you will need to teach them to eat and drink. Before the first feeding, babies are watered from pipettes. To do this, prepare a special mixture, which consists of milk, 2 tsp. sugar, 6 tablets of multivitamins and penicillin. In summer you can use alfalfa, nettle and carrot juice mixed in equal proportions.
How to feed a turkey: diet and diet
- When it is time for the first meal, it is necessary to feed the turkey properly. For the first feeding is suitable such a diet (based on one turkey): chopped egg, hard-boiled, - 4-5 g .; 3-6 g of fresh crumbly curd; 2-3 g of millet; 2-4 grams of red carrots; 0.2 g. Green onions. After 2-4 days, add corn or millet porridge to eggs and cottage cheese, and gradually reduce the number of eggs.
- Lactic products - they are very useful, feed only fresh products.
- Dry food is also suitable, moistened with yogurt or broth before consumption.
- Water is one of the main sources of health, so always give water to turkey.
- Already from the age of 15 days, you can add potatoes and carrots to your daily diet.
- The daily ration of adult turkeys consists of wet mash beans with finely chopped greens and a dry mix, which should always be in a separate container.
- In the summer, there is a lot of greenery in the area, so adult turkeys should be released to pastures where they can eat the necessary vitamins.
Up to the age of 20-25 days, babies are fed every 2 hours at least 7-8 times a day, then adjusted to 5 times a day, and already from 2 months turkeys are fed 4 times. Adult turkeys are fed 3 times a day. A sedentary lifestyle turkeys can lead to obesity, so they can not be overfed.