How to flash the computer?
Watch the video
Firmware control unit may be needed when installing it on another car or when replacing the engine. It is also advisable to update the software if the power supply was replaced.
ECU firmware are special programs recorded in the memory of this device. They control the operation of the motor with the help of various sensors and actuators. The ECU software is subject to replacement during tuning. Auto improvement specialists work with the part of the firmware that contains:
- fuel cards;
- data accessed by the processor during signal processing.
Before updating the software, you should download the firmware itself and one of the downloaders presented on the web. In addition to this, you need to prepare a k-line adapter, a power supply unit and a personal computer.
- Connect the computer to the adapter;
- Connect the adapter to the PC;
- Apply voltage to k-lin;
- Turn on the computer;
- Disable antivirus and installed firewalls;
- Run the saved ECU programmer;
- Select the port to which the adapter is attached;
- Select the type of controller;
- Wait until communication with the control unit appears .;
- After that, go to reading the computer and specify the folder with the firmware in the memory of the PC;
- Select the programming option and wait for the operation to complete.
- Disconnect the unit from the PC, install it in the car. Turn on the ignition, wait until the fuel pump turns on, then turn it off. After that, turn on and start again.
During the flashing it is impossible to use increased voltage, since it can damage the part. Now you know how to flash the computer.