How to get rid of age spots?
Many women, especially in summer, sadly notice the appearance of pigment spots on their face and body. Small and large spots, light and darker - they spoil the appearance, give the woman discomfort and deprive confidence. But in order to understand how to get rid of pigment spots, and prevent their occurrence again, you need to understand the causes of this trouble.
Causes leading to skin pigmentation:
Various hormonal changes in the body (pregnancy, long-term use of hormonal contraceptives, menopause)
- diseases of the liver and biliary tract
- vitamin C deficiency anemia
- use of low-quality cosmetic preparations or improperly matched to the type of skin
- tight straps and dressing
- self-extrusion of pimples and their subsequent cauterization with alcohol-containing agents
- excessive sun exposure without special tanning
Paying attention to the reasons due to which hyperpigmentation of the skin appears, it should be noted that it is easier to get rid of blemishes that appeared on the background of hormonal changes in the body.To more accurately identify the causes, you must conduct a full survey.
Treatment of pigment spots
There are two ways to get rid of age spots: traditional medicine and carrying out procedures in a beauty salon or clinic. The popular methods include various masks and compresses, which should be done regularly at home.
- Melon mask. Grate the melon flesh and apply it to the stains for half an hour at least three times a week until they disappear completely.
- Berry masks. Many women know how to get rid of age spots with different berries - currants, viburnum, strawberries. The juice of berries contains fruit acids, which, by acting on the skin, whiten it.
- For oily skin, do well lotion with lemon juice. The juice of one lemon mixed with egg white, add one teaspoon of sugar, half a glass of water and mix well. Wipe pigment spots with this compound twice a day until bleaching or their complete disappearance.
- The apple mask with horseradish will not only relieve pigmentation, but also refresh the skin of the face as a whole, enriching it with nutrients.One apple and one small horseradish root grate and mix, put on face for twenty minutes. Wash off the mask with a decoction of chamomile or train.
- Cottage cheese whitening mask. Take three teaspoons of cottage cheese and two spoons of sour cream, mix, adding about 15 drops of 2 percent hydrogen peroxide. This mask should be applied to pre-cleansed skin for half an hour, and then rinse with water.
To remove a more pronounced manifestation of hyperpigmentation, bleaching procedures that beauty salons are offering today are better suited. For each type of skin, professional masters will select the appropriate bleaching technique. Consider them in more detail.
Procedures in the salon, in the clinic
- Chemical peeling. This salon procedure is carried out, as a rule, in the autumn-winter period, when the sun is less active. With the help of glycolic or fruit acid, the top layer of the skin is removed, which effectively eliminates pigmentation. The intensity of the peeling depends on the percentage ratio of acid. Medium peeling or superficial peeling is suitable for simple alignment of complexion. With such a procedure, there is absolutely no pain, only sometimes a tingling sensation.Redness subsides every other day, but the skin will remain sensitive for some time and will need more gentle care.
- Ultrasonic peeling. Before carrying out this peeling, the skin is cleansed, then special preparations are injected into the skin with ultrasound. Such procedures need to spend at least ten. The course of this treatment should not be carried out more than once a year.
- Phototherapy A laser device destroys the pigment in a certain light wave, as a result of which the skin brightens. The procedure is painless, but over the next two days there will be a slight redness on the skin. Three such procedures are usually carried out with a repetition in a month. This is one of the most reliable ways to get rid of age spots. The question of how to get rid of pigment spots will no longer face the patient if he observes some doctor's instructions.
- Laser therapy. This procedure involves polishing the face with a laser. It can also be superficial or deep. After laser treatment of the skin, it becomes taut, all spots disappear, the skin is simply renewed.Treatment of the skin with modern lasers avoids significant damage and shortens the recovery period. The only drawback: this procedure is quite expensive.
- Whitening creams. These tools can only be used under close medical supervision. All such products contain mercury. Before use, do not forget to make a test for sensitivity to this drug. Apply the selected product to a small area of the skin, if during the day the skin does not turn red or irritation appears, you can safely use it. Also, these creams have contraindications. They should not be used by pregnant women, nursing mothers, people with liver diseases, etc. The use of bleaching creams is only possible for a strictly limited time due to their high toxicity. Do not wash your face with water during application; this can cause severe irritation; it is better to use lotions for sensitive skin. A much more gentle bleaching will be based on hydrogen peroxide, citric acid or salicylic alcohol.