How to learn to draw a man?
Watch the video
To learn how to learn to draw a person, you need to master several artistic techniques. One of them is the portrait technique. In addition, the easiest way to begin to draw a human figure with the application of pencil sketches. General tips on learning the basics of fine art can be found in the article - How to learn to draw.
How to learn to draw a man in stages
Drawing a human figure can be divided into several stages.
- You need to start by drawing a rectangle that will represent the body of a person (vertical). On its middle line to hold the axis. Shoulder line to make an oval.
- Next, you need to identify the head of a person, draw an oval and pre-neck. Next are drawn circles places that will determine the location of the shoulders, elbows, hands, feet and knees. We remind you that there is no need to draw circles beautifully and perfectly evenly, since they will then be removed with an eraser.
- After that, the lines connect the circles of shoulders, elbows and wrists, so-called "sausages" are drawn. Also draw and legs.
- Next are drawn elements of human clothing. For example, they finish pants, a man’s shirt or a woman’s dress, as well as shoes and objects that a man “holds” in his hands. It is important to respect the proportions of the human body.
- When a person is “dressed”, you can direct more clear outlines of the figure and remove unnecessary auxiliary lines.
You can learn more about drawing techniques by reading the articles in our Drawing section.
Drawing a person's face
To draw a human face, in simple terms, a portrait is one of the most complex processes. To do this, you need to learn to draw each of the elements step by step and separately - lips, eyes, nose, etc. For a start, the location of all parts of the face is marked on the painted face oval. This can be done with light strokes, which are then easily removed with an eraser.
When the places of the eyes, nose, mouth, eyebrows are marked, each of these elements can be drawn with clearer strokes. It is easier to learn to draw, drawing, for example, from life or photography.After the “bare” lines of the elements of the face are drawn, it is necessary to mark the shadows on the chin and near the eyes with the help of strokes. This will give the face volume, and make the image more alive.
Tips for drawing portraits can also be obtained by reading our article - How to learn to draw portraits.
After a holistic figure of a person is drawn, the picture can be painted with colored pencils or left in black and white.
Some general tips
Many people are accustomed to draw in broken lines, and then trace them smooth, solid. The pencil technique is so good that you don’t need to do this, you need to learn how to draw in continuous lines and don’t be afraid to make a mistake, as you can always correct your drawing with an eraser.
When you draw a human image on paper (especially if the figure is in motion) you need to learn to represent the object as a whole, as well as the contours of the body, and then draw them.