How to make files visible?
In many cases, it is necessary to view hidden (for example, system files) in the Windows operating system, as well as extensions of any file types. Consider these questions. Talk about how to make hidden files visible, as well as how to make the file extension visible.
In order to make hidden files visible, you must:
- open "My Computer";
- in the appeared window open the "Tools" item and select the sub-item "Folder Options ...";
- in the window that appears, select the "View" tab (second from left);
- In the "View" tab there are 3 parameters, the choice of which depends on: the secrecy of simple and system files, as well as the visibility of the extensions of any files;
- To hide / show system files, select the "Hide protected system files" item, for which you need to check / uncheck this box (by default, system files are hidden so as not to accidentally damage or erase them);
- To hide / show other hidden files and folders, select the item "Hidden files and folders - Show hidden files and folders", for which you need to uncheck / check this box;
- To hide / show file extensions, select the "Hide extensions for registered file types" item, for which you need to uncheck / tick this item;
If you want to apply your changes to all files and folders on your computer, then in the "View" tab, you need to click the "Apply to all folders" button, then the "Apply" and "OK" buttons in the lower right corner of the dialog box. If you simply click the "Apply" and "OK" buttons in the lower right corner of the dialog box, your changes will affect only the folder in which you were before selecting the "Tools" and "Folder options".
Another way to make files visible is to download Total Commander from the Internet and install onto a computer, the functionality of which far exceeds the standard Windows Explorer. Download the program here:
or from other sources on the Internet (the program is conditionally free).
To show / hide hidden files (including system files) you must:
- run the installed Total Commander program from a shortcut on the desktop;
- select the "Configuration" menu item (third from the right) and the "Settings" sub-item;
- in the "Settings" subsection in the left panel, select the "Content of panels" item and tick the first item titled "Show hidden / system files". Thus, they will be displayed in both panels of the program;
A big plus of Total Commander is that file extensions are automatically shown in the second column of any panel called Type.
You can also search for other guides for the Windows operating system, in which the solution of the same tasks will also be quite simple for any PC user. Now you know how to make hidden files visible. Follow the updates of our site, there is still a lot of interesting things ahead!