How to plant potatoes?
Remember, as before, in almost every family was a cottage or a house in the village? We all ate then the most useful vegetables, fruits and berries straight from the garden. Now the expanses of our being filled for the most part products from the nearest supermarket. However, learning more about the dangers of such products, many people are rapidly returning to Mother Earth, which endows a person with her energy. In today's article we will learn how to plant potatoes so that the harvest will be rich. Also, the article will reveal the basic rules and tricks of planting Soviet gardeners.
The choice of landing site and its preparation
The question of planting potatoes begins at least 3 months before the completion of this process. When planting, you need to calculate a place at least for planting 2-3 boxes of potatoes - planting less does not make sense. Chernozem for future planting need to prepare in early spring. Our ancestors plowed the ground with the plow before the snow fell. In our variant, a tractor or a horse will be more suitable, since the ground is still very hard and you should not break it by hand.Work begins in early spring in order to kill all the parasites living in the soil. This happens due to night frosts, and due to the day solstice - the soil warms up faster.
Remember that the soil should rest. Ideally, after 2 years of sowing, the plot should be left alone for 1-2 seasons. During this period, you can sow his crops, annual flowers. Allowing weeds to grow in the soil is not the best option.
If there is no “rested” soil, then you need to plant potatoes in those places where onions, cucumbers, beans, cabbage, or other cruciferous and legumes have previously grown. Where there were growing solanaceous crops (tomatoes), you cannot plant potatoes, unless of course you want to plant it “at the ends” in order not to see it again.
Preparation of potatoes for planting
Before planting potatoes, it is necessary to prepare it for planting 2-3 weeks before the expected warming. Consider which potatoes to choose.
Potatoes for planting should be:
- Disease resistant.
- Potatoes are good and have sprouts. If dry, rotten or cut potatoes (long ago) get into the soil, rotting and spreading of diseases throughout the harvest will begin.
- It is necessary to select either large or small fruits. Most often they choose the small one - it is easier to plant it, since it is easier and less needed. A large one often goes for food, but if it is planted, the result will be excellent. Medium-sized fruits do not plant, Since this is often an underdeveloped, weak potato from a weak plant. Small potato fruit - 30 grams, medium - 70g, over this mass - large fruits.
Sprouting usually takes two weeks. It is ideal to leave for greening and growth of sprouts fruit for this period in a bright, warm basement. If it is not available, you can place the fruit in a place (preferably in a building), where there is diffused light and 10-15 degrees heat. I remind you that in a green potato there is a strong immunity from diseases, and therefore the chances for its successful sprout increase significantly. Sprouts, however, make the harvest early, and the plant strong and resilient.
- By the time of landing, the land should be heated by 10 cm, by 5-10 degrees.
- It is advisable to plant the plant in clear weather, after allowing the potatoes to lie down for half a day in the sun.During this time, you need to plow the black soil again, making it soft and airy.
- Next, we dig the holes at a distance of 20-30 cm and put the potatoes there (throwing is not recommended). Small potatoes throw 2-3 pieces. in the hole.
- Having spread all the fruits "on the shelves" - we fill the pits with earth.
Fertilizers and additives
Consider how to properly plant potatoes using fertilizer. Since it is a rather capricious plant, it needs organic and mineral fertilizers. As natural fertilizers you can use:
- Ash. It is scattered around the site before and after planting, and also sprinkled onto a container with not yet planted potatoes during planting.
- Manure. It is dispersed over chernozem during propashka.
- Peat. It must be evenly distributed over the entire soil, otherwise it will be difficult to care for the ground.
You can also use chemical additives:
- Phosphorus. Accelerates growth, approaching the time of maturation of the plant. Good for drought. Sates the clay soil with the missing elements. With a lack of phosphorus, the bush has a compressed form with leaves bent upwards.
- Potassium. Concentrates the plant on the growth of the fruit, not the leaves.With its deficiency, the plant has a green color that is not peculiar to it, on the leaves there appear patches of dead tissue, or completely die off, the large leaves twist down.
- Calcium, magnesium. Lack of calcium and magnesium, develops chlorosis in potatoes (light green spots), undermines the plant immunity
- Nitrogen. Develops a stalk. With a lack of few side shoots, the leaves turn yellow.
- Sulfur. With a lack of development worsens, the leaves become light green or completely turn white.
- Iron. The disadvantage of this substance is reduced photosynthesis.
Now you know how to plant potatoes and be confident in a good result.