How to put a quote icon (copyright)
Working with documentation or simply "walking" throughInternet, we have seen this quotation icon many times before - ©. In fact, initially this symbol was created with the purpose of informing others about the protection of copyright for a work, but nowadays it is often used to quote someone's statements, even though this is incorrect.
Faced with something many, but not allknow how to put it on the keyboard. If you are one of those who are interested in learning how to make a quote icon, then this article is designed specifically for you.
Copyrights icon: how to find out?
Probably, each of us knows what thissymbol - Latin letter C (from the word - copyright), placed in the center of the circle. Using this sign does not guarantee you additional rights, but only notifies other people that the copyright belongs to you. Often this symbol is used to quote someone's statements, despite the fact that it does not correspond to spelling.
What does this sign mean?
The symbol © was created for the notification of protectioncopyright. The absence of this sign does not at all mean that they are not protected. This is due to the fact that for the protection of copyright does not require any registration, but it occurs when you create a work. It is used by those people who own copyrights. It can be both physical and legal persons.
When using such a symbol, as a rule,an additional year of publication, and sometimes a date range. In Russia, the presence or absence of a copyright badge does not affect the licensing of a work, but in other countries it is necessary to provide copyright protection.
This symbol is widely used in citingsomeone else's words, but according to the norms of the Russian language, this is considered not entirely correct, since the purpose of creating the © icon is informing other people about the protection of copyright on an object.
How to put a quote icon: the most popular ways
Want to put a quote icon, but do not know how to do this? No problem! In fact, it's all very easy. So, the most common methods are given below:
- To make a similar sign in Windows, you must simultaneously press the Alt key and dial 0169 on the numeric keypad.
- If your personal computer is Mac OS X, then the combination of the Option and G. buttons will help you out.
- In HTML, in order to put a quote icon, you will need to type & copy.
- If you have an operating system on your computerWindows system, then you can also copy the copyright symbol from the table. In order for it to appear, press the Win and R buttons simultaneously, and in the appeared window you need to enter charman. Immediately after that, click on Enter and select the quote character.
- In the end, this symbol can simply be copied from the text.
Put a symbol in Microsoft Word
Some other ways will suit those who wantput a quote icon, working with documents through the Microsoft Word program. So, in order to implement this procedure, you can choose one of the following methods:
- Press Alt and 0169 together, as mentioned above.
- In the top menu of the program, you can select the "Insert" item, and find the "Symbol" in it. Clicking on it, a window with symbols will open before the user, from which you can select the appropriate one.
- In some versions of Microsoft Word, the quote icon is automatically inserted if you enter the combination (c) on the English keyboard.
Above were the most common ways of how you can put a quote icon. As we see, in this there is absolutely nothing difficult, with all this can easily cope even a child.