How to treat veins in the legs?
Varicose veins in the legs is a disease that occurs due to the fact that the lumen of the veins widens and the blood outflow is disturbed. The veins have special valves that should only bleed in one direction. In this disease, their work is disturbed, and blood stagnates in the legs. It is the stagnation of varicose blood that leads to the formation of ugly protruding veins on the legs. How to cure veins in the legs? Let's figure it out.
Causes of varicose veins of the legs
It is believed that there are several reasons that lead to this unpleasant disease.
- So, doctors say about the heredity of varicose veins, that is, the risk of acquiring varicose veins is much higher in those whose relatives also suffer from them.
- In addition, women suffer from varicose veins more often than men. Presumably this is due to the long wearing of high-heeled shoes. Also, the appearance of varicose veins in the legs is attributed to hormonal changes in the body during pregnancy and during menopause.
- In addition, lifestyle also affects the appearance of varicose veins.It is believed that a sedentary lifestyle or strong physical exertion, as well as obesity, lead to this disease.
As you can see, there are quite a few reasons why varicose veins appear. But if you have this unpleasant disease - no need to despair. It is only important to know how to treat the veins in the legs.
Treatment with medication
Modern pharmacology does not stand still, and today there are many very different effective drugs for the treatment of varicose veins.
First of all, these are drugs with a venotonic effect. Detraleks, Troksevazin, Lioton-gel and Venoruton are the most popular. But for effective treatment it is not enough to use only ointments, but complex treatment is necessary. So, most often the patient should wear a special compression hosiery, which can be found in any large pharmacy. In addition, it is not bad to combine drugs with a course of lymphatic drainage - a special massage, which is done by specialists with the help of devices.
How to remove the veins in the legs: sclerotherapy
All drugs can only alleviate the symptoms of varicose veins. But sooner or later the disease can come back. In addition, none of the drugs even in combination with compression hosiery can not cope with severe forms of varicose veins.
Today, sclerotherapy is the most effective non-surgical method for curing veins in the legs. It lies in the fact that the doctor injects a special medication into the patient with varicose veins. It causes the destruction of a vein, which is absorbed after 1.5 years, and blood flows only through healthy vessels. Up to 6 sclerotherapy sessions are required for complete recovery, and the complications of this procedure are minimal. The doctor selects the most appropriate medicine for the patient, and the procedure itself is performed using an ultrasound scanner in order to monitor the movements of the syringe to evenly distribute the drug.
How to treat leg veins: surgical methods
In some of the most severe cases of varicose veins, surgery is applied:
- Miniflebectomy - punctures are made through which varicose veins are removed.In some cases, it is a substitute for sclerotherapy, because with this operation, patients recover very quickly, and there are no scars, but you need to wear compression hosiery for several more weeks after surgery.
- Short stripping does not remove the entire vein, but only the part that is sick with varicose veins. So, the doctor makes only two incisions on the body, through which the vein is removed. The operation does not last long, and the patient recovers in just a few days, and sometimes hours.
- Endoscopic vein dissection - during this operation, the doctor inserts an endoscope into the vein with which he can see the affected vessel from the inside. After the doctor finds out the extent of the disease, the vessel is cut off. With this method, the number of errors of the surgeon is reduced to nothing, because the endoscope allows you to fully control the course of the operation.
- Intravascular laser coagulation is another method for treating veins in the legs. It is believed that this is the least traumatic method of treating varicose veins in the legs. Using an ultrasound scanner, a light guide is inserted into the vein, which indicates the affected areas of the vessel.After that, the laser will remove the blood plasma and the vein affected by varicose veins closes and ceases to function. Today it is the most successful form of treatment for varicose veins, but at the same time it is the most expensive method.
Prevention of varicose veins
Varicose veins are a very unpleasant disease, and its treatment is expensive and does not always lead to positive results. But there are a number of simple ways to prevent this disease. So, they include running and swimming, regular foot massage, as well as maintaining a healthy lifestyle, because obesity is one of the causes of this disease.
So, now you know what are the treatments for varicose veins. If you have dilated veins in your legs, only a doctor in your particular case can tell how to get rid of them. Be healthy!