How to upgrade to windows 8?
The new Microsoft Windows 8 OS is much faster, more stable and better than all previous operating systems from the company. Therefore, many users tend to upgrade to the new Windows 8 from older versions. However, not every user knows that you can upgrade your old OS to the new Windows 8 using the Microsoft Update Assistant.
We will understand together how you can independently upgrade the old OS to Windows 8.
How to upgrade from Windows 7 to Windows 8
To upgrade the old Windows 7 to the new - 8, you need to do a number of simple steps:
- Download and install the free software "Update Assistant" from Microsoft.
- Before launching the program, you need to connect all third-party devices and accessories that you use all the time, so that the program checks their compatibility with the new OS version. Even if the device is incompatible, then it will not be difficult to download drivers from the manufacturer’s website for the new Windows 8 OS.
- Run the program.
- Wait until the assistant checks the compatibility of programs and devices with the new OS, and also makes surethat all system requirements are suitable for installing the new Windows 8.
- After checking the compatibility, the program will display a new window with the results of the check. The results will show whether it is possible to upgrade the old OS to the new one.
- In the next window you need to choose what to save when updating. If it is important for you to leave all personal files intact, then click on the appropriate item or save the files to another medium.
- After that, the program will offer you the optimal choice of the Windows 8 OS version, which you will need to buy and download, following the instructions.
- After all the procedures, the installation of the update itself begins. Following the simple instructions, install the new OS.
After installation, it will also be necessary to configure the new OS, following simple instructions, but this will not be a problem.
How to upgrade Vista and XP to Windows 8
Upgrading from Vista or Xp to Windows 8 also takes place via the Update Assistant program. All installation items are exactly the same as in the previous section with Windows 7.
However, if you do not want to buy a new OS, which costs quite well, then you can upgrade the old one for free.
How to upgrade to Windows 8 for free
To update Windows for free, you need to download and install a pirated version, and then activate it by hacking the system.