Immunostimulating preparation "Polyoxidonium": instructions for use, indications
Polyoxidonium is a medical preparation with immunostimulating effect. The mechanism of action of the drug is based on stimulation of antibody formation and influence on phagocytic cells.
Polyoxidonium in modern practice is consideredthe most effective drug that has an overwhelming effect on cancer cells, he points the immune system in the face of EK cells, natural killers, to the destruction of other, cancer cells.
Polyoxidonium has also detoxificationproperties, that is, increases the resistance of cells to the negative effects of drugs, other chemicals, significantly reducing their toxicity.
For cancer patients polyoxidoniumapplied in a complex way, it reduces toxic effects on the body during chemotherapy and radiation therapy. With the development of side effects, manifested in the form of vomiting, cystitis, diarrhea, polyoxidonium allows you not to stop treatment according to the standard scheme. To increase the effectiveness of treatment and reduce its duration, polyoxidonium is used, the instruction for the use of the preparation contains all the necessary information on its basic properties and composition.
The wide use of polyoxidonium reduces the need for antibiotics, GCS, bronchodilators, as well as significantly increases the period of remission.
Polyoxidonium has a good absorption index (70%), oligomers into which it hydrolyses in the body are excreted mainly through the kidneys.
The doctor is appointed in a complex treatment of the drugpolyoxidonium, the instruction for use informs in addition about all of its indications. Here there is a large list of cases of application of the drug to adults and children over the age of 6 years.
Three forms of release are provided for the preparationpolyoxidonium, the composition contains the same active substance and auxiliary: mannitol, starch, lactose, betacarotene, povidone. Each form has its own structure:
- ampoule (vial), 3 and 6 grams, contains powder for the preparation of injections;
- tablets, consisting of 12 grams of active substance;
- suppositories (rectal, vaginal), they are released with a dosage of 6 and 12 grams of active substance.
Different forms of the drug are prescribed depending on the indications. Thus, tablets are administered at:
- acute, chronic infections in the sinuses, respiratory tract, in the mouth, ear;
- prevention of ARVI, as well as influenza during epidemics.
Sometimes the doctor prescribes treatment in the form of injections of the preparation of polyoxidonium, the instruction for use contains the following indications:
- inflammatory diseases of a chronic nature;
- fractures of bones;
- HIV, as a preventive measure of secondary infection.
In such cases, drip, intramuscular and intravenous administration of the preparation of polyoxidonium is provided, the instruction manual contains its detailed description.
- for injection, it is necessary to mix the powder contained in the ampoule and a maximum of 3 mg of saline;
- if the doctor has prescribed treatment in the form of a preparation of polyoxidonium injections, the instruction allows to inject up to 6 mg of solution per day;
- when dripping, a special solution (from 200 to 400 mg) is used;
- For children from 6 to 12 years, the daily dose is calculated based on the body weight (per 1 kg 100-150 mg).
When choosing a suppository as a form of treatment with polyoxidonium, the instruction for use calls the following indications:
- various inflammatory processes;
- Cystitis, pyelonephritis, urethritis;
- treatment of tumors;
- endometritis, colpitis, salpingitis;
- prevention of childhood infectious diseases.
The drug has several contraindications:
- pregnancy, period of feeding;
- allergy to the drug;
- kidney failure;
- age to six months.