Instructions for the use of "Kanamycin". Indication, description of the drug, reviews
If earlier such terrible diseases astuberculosis or meningitis, often led to death, but now the situation has changed: drugs have appeared that can not only prolong the life of the patient, but also cure him of a terrible illness. One of these medicines is the powder "Kanamycin". Today we learn what this medicine is, how it can be applied to anyone, and also what patients and doctors themselves think about it.
The drug "Kanamycin" is strongantibiotic. It has a bactericidal effect on gram-positive and gram-negative microorganisms. It also acts on acid-fast bacteria. In addition, it negatively affects strains of bacteria of tuberculosis and is effective against microorganisms that have good resistance to such drugs as Tetracycline, Levomycetin, and Erythromycin.
But the drug does not affect fungi and viruses.
Form of issue. Composition
Only in the form of a powder you can buy a medicine "Kanamycin". Tablets or oral solution with this remedy are not sold. Powder is used to prepare a solution for injection.
In one bottle with the substance contains kanamycin sulfate 0.5 or 1 g. The package also includes water for injections in ampoules of 2 ml.
The medicine is produced in Russia and Ukraine.
Indications for use
The drug "Kanamycin" can be used in the therapy of many diseases. The main ailments, in which it is expedient to use this drug, are:
- Meningitis, peritonitis, sepsis, endocarditis.
Infectious and inflammatory diseases of the respiratory system (abscess of the lungs, pneumonia, empyema of the pleura).
- Complications of purulent nature after surgery.
- Tuberculosis of the lungs and other organs.
- Infected burns.
Treatment of diseases with this drug gives a quick positive result.
It is necessary to save the powder in a dry and darkplace, away from the sun. The normal temperature of the drug storage is up to 20 degrees. It is strictly forbidden to store the drug in an accessible place for children. After all, the remedy has no protection from children's hands. Therefore, parents should monitor where they put medicines.
When diluting the powder, the finished solution should be used immediately. Do not store the finished product in liquid form.
Shelf life of the drug is 3 years.
Dissolving the powder
Than to breed "Kanamycin" - antibiotic of wideactions? It is mixed with water for injection, included in the package with the drug. Also, some doctors dissolve it with novocaine, a solution of sodium chloride or glucose. The question of what kind of drug to breed is decided only by a doctor.
Do not use the product yourself,because there is a high risk of adverse effects after such treatment with "Kanamycin" medication. Side effects of this medication can be very serious:
- Inflammation of the auditory nerve until irreversible hearing loss.
- The defeat of the vestibular apparatus: dizziness, problems with coordination of movements.
- Respiratory depression due to muscle paralysis.
- Soreness in the place where the injection was made. "Kanamycin" is an antibiotic that can lead to the appearance of bruising, seals, bruising after injection.
- Renal lesions: acute tubular necrosis, renal insufficiency, increase in serum creatinine level.
- Problems with the digestive system: nausea, vomiting, dysbiosis, diarrhea.
- Arterial hypotension.
- Rash on the body, itching, flushing of the skin.
It is forbidden to use the drug in such situations:
- If there is an increased sensitivity to the drug.
- With inflammation of the auditory nerve.
- If there are violations in the work of the liver and kidneys (the exception is only tuberculosis lesions).
- With simultaneous use of other antibiotics.
- If the intestine is obstructed.
Instructions for use. "Kanamycin" in powder: dosage of the drug
Before using the drug, it is necessary to determine the sensitivity of the causative agent to the disease. The medicine is administered intramuscularly, intravenously, or drip.
Dosage for children:
- Up to 1 year - 0.1 g per day.
- From 1 to 5 years - from 0.1 to 0.3 g per day.
- More than 5 years - from 0.3 to 0.5 g per day.
The maximum daily dose for children can not be more than 15 mg / kg. Multiplicity of administration - up to 3 times a day.
Treatment with "kanamycin" - a strong antibiotic - should not be longer than 7 days.
Dosage for adults:
- With tuberculosis appoint 1.0 g once a day. Duration of treatment - 1 month (injections are given for 6 consecutive days, and on the seventh - a break).
- As the main method of therapy of non-tuberculosis diseases - 0.5 g every 8-12 hours. The daily dose should not exceed 1.5 g, and the maximum single dose - not more than 1.0 g with an interval of 12 hours.
The duration of therapy is determined by the doctor.
The solution of "Kanamycin" is injected deep into the buttock.
When the drug is administered in an increased amount ofa person may experience symptoms such as dizziness, hearing loss, thirst, nausea, ringing in the ears, respiratory failure. Therapy in this case is as follows: conducting hemodialysis, the appointment of special anticholinesterase drugs, calcium salts.
Treatment of peritonitis with a strong antibiotic
This is a bacterial disease,developing in the abdominal cavity. Peritonitis is an inflammation of the serous membrane of the peritoneum. The main cause of this disease is infection. Other factors for the appearance of this illness can be:
- Injuries to the abdomen.
- Pathology of the intestines and bile ducts.
- Inflammation of the ovaries.
- Perforation of the stomach ulcer.
Mortality with a diagnosis such as peritonitis,is high, so the problem of treating this disease is relevant. Treatment of the disease begins with the elimination of the cause of its appearance. Therefore, surgery in this case - a necessity. At the same time, drug treatment is conducted, in which the main role is performed by the drug "Kanamycin". It corrects all those disorders that developed with peritonitis.
Why is this medication prescribed? The fact is that most often the cause of peritonitis is a microbial composition of several organisms. Therefore, it is advisable to prescribe antibiotics of a wide range, in which the powder "Kanamycin" belongs.
When the problem is of moderate severity, this meansis administered intravenously. In severe cases, treatment with peritonitis with Kanamycin is carried out intravenously. This method can also be used in the case of septic shock.
- Treatment of diseases with Kanamycinrelation to pregnant women is prohibited. The fact is that if you use this medication, then in the end the baby can be born deaf. The use of the drug in relation to pregnant women is allowed only if the antibiotics of other groups are ineffective.
- Newborn babies are not allowed to use thismedicament due to the fact that they have insufficiently developed kidney function. As a result, the medicine will be permanently removed from the body, which can lead to its accumulation and further toxic effects. All this information contains instructions for use. "Kanamycin" - an antibacterial agent - can be applied to children under 1 year, but only for vital indications. In all other cases, the drug must be replaced with other permissible medications.
- Do not use together with other antibiotics, such as "Monomycin", "Gentamicin", "Neomycin", as well as with drugs-diuretics - it's "Mannitol", "Furosemide".
- With care, it is necessary to use a remedy in relation to elderly patients.
- If you have symptoms of side effects, you need to cancel the medicine.
- During treatment it is important to check the function of the kidneys and conduct the audiometry at least once a week (for treatment of diseases of a non-tuberculous nature) and not more than once a month for tuberculosis.
- If the patient has infectious-inflammatory ailments of the urinary tract, then he needs to take a large amount of fluid.
Powder "Kanamycin", the price of which candiffer depending on the volume of the vial, the manufacturer, it is dispensed without a prescription. The Russian drug costs about 13 rubles per bottle. Ukrainian medicine "Kanamycin", the price of which will be somewhat more expensive, can be purchased at any pharmacy. So, the cost of this drug in terms of rubles is about 30 rubles. It turns out that it is cheaper to buy Russian-made powder.
Positive assessments of people
This drug receives various reviews. Some people like him, but others do not. Those patients who approached the remedy note that before using it, you need to familiarize yourself with such a document as the instructions for use. "Kanamycin" is an antibiotic that has repeatedly shown itself on the positive side in the treatment of tuberculosis, peritonitis. People often write about using this medication to treat pleurisy, severe bronchitis, and pneumonia. That is, with a cold, this medication can also be used, however, only when the disease already affects the internal organs. Judging by the reviews, the drug acts quickly: the second day after the injection the person feels much better. And a week later he is ready to leave hospital.
Also, many people say that the injection is not particularly painful. But this is an antibiotic.
The drug is really good, but do not forget that in any case should not engage in self-medication.
Negative assessments of people
Not always this medicine receives approvingreviews of patients. Some consider this powder to be a real poison, because, judging by this insert, as an instruction for use, "Kanamycin" has a large number of side effects. And some of them directly frighten people. It is about hearing loss and hearing loss. Those patients who were pricked with Kanamycin in the course of tuberculosis therapy noted that after prolonged therapy they actually started having problems with the ears. People stopped hearing normally. Some also note that during treatment with this medication depression is observed, there is a headache, weakness. Often in patients, there is an allergic reaction to the medication in the form of rash, itching on the skin. Although during the injection the patient may not feel pain, but then the site of the injection will hurt him.
Opinions of doctors
Doctors consider the antibiotic "Kanamycin"effective in the treatment of tuberculosis, peritonitis, meningitis, sepsis. These are very serious and dangerous diseases, with which not every medicine can cope. But if the "Kanamycin" remedy takes over, then this is already 50% of the guarantee that a person will recover. After all, as doctors say, it is a universal drug that can put a person on their feet with an advanced stage of the disease.
Despite the fact that the experts are positivespeak about this powder, yet they warn people that they should not buy and stab themselves this drug, especially those who have an increased sensitivity to antibiotics. Since the product is sold without a prescription, anyone can buy it. But it is necessary to do this only according to the indications and after consulting a specialist. In any case, use the powder only under the supervision of a doctor. And this means that the drug should be used exclusively within the walls of the hospital. After all, as written in the instructions, the medicine has many side effects. And in order not to aggravate the situation and not to harm yourself even more, it is important to conduct therapy under control.
Structural analogue of the described preparation"Kanamycin Sulfate" is a tool. A drug with a similar effect is the drug Amikacin. The last substitute is somewhat more expensive than the described agent. So, for 1 bottle of Amikakin powder, you need to pay about 40 rubles. For the drug "Kanamycin Sulfate" should pay about 13 rubles.
This antibiotic is also prescribed for suchproblems with the organs of vision, like conjunctivitis, keratitis, corneal ulcer, blepharitis. The film with the antibiotic "Kanamycin" is extracted from the vial using a sterile special tweezers. Pulling off the free hand of the lower eyelid, lay it in a hole between the eyelid and the eyeball. Then the eyelid is lowered and the eye is kept still for 1 minute.
Such films are used with an antibiotic up to 2 times a day.
Use of the drug against animals
The drug "Kanamycin" is also prescribed fortreatment of salmonellosis, nephritis, dermatitis, bronchopneumonia in cattle, as well as in relation to cats, dogs and birds. The drug is administered intravenously, intramuscularly or subcutaneously at this dose:
- Horses - 3 ml per 100 kg 1 time per day.
- Foals, calves - 2 ml per 50 kg 1 time.
- Sheep, pigs - 2 ml per 50 kg.
- Cats, dogs and birds - 0.1 kg per 1 kg.
The course of therapy in relation to animals can be from 3 to 5 days.
From the article you learned the exhaustive informationregarding the preparation "Kanamycin": the form of release, the rules of operation, side effects, limitations. They found out that this is a serious medication, which must be treated only within the walls of the hospital. The drug receives both positive and negative feedback. The question of the appointment of this medication should be decided only by a doctor.