Is it possible to use nose drops during pregnancy for the treatment of rhinitis?
Pregnancy is a period when you need to especially take care of your own health. But it is not always possible to protect oneself from all illnesses. So, for many it becomes relevant to ask what kind of nose drops from a cold can be used during pregnancy. We will try to give an answer in this article. Nasal congestion is one of the most common problems among future mothers. Drops from the common cold for pregnant women are the subject of unchanged speculations of pharmacists. And most often this disease in women who are expecting a baby, does not need any special treatment. This may be just a hormonal manifestation of changes in the body during pregnancy. It runs a cold on its own immediately after birth, in the first couple of hours. However, when the difficulty in breathing through the nose is pronounced, pronounced, it can be harmful to women's health.Because even a small cold can not go unnoticed.The development of the disease should not be allowed in any case, since it is very harmful for the future mother and especially for her baby. At the planning stage of conception, you need to find out which nasal drops can be used during pregnancy.
What is the best way to treat a runny nose mommy
The most effective dosage form for the treatment of rhinitis are drops. Any drug in liquid form freely enters the mucous membrane of the nose and has a local effect, without affecting the rest of the system in the body. Especially from a cold, nose drops during pregnancy have not yet been invented; nevertheless, it is possible to find suitable ones among the available means. But do not forget that only an observing doctor can give recommendations when choosing drugs.
So, what drops can you use during pregnancy?
Before proceeding to the selection of drops from a cold, it is necessary to pay attention to some points:
1. What is the active substance is the basis of the drug.
2. How long is the pregnancy?
3. Lack of personal intolerance to the components.
Even safe medicines should not be used uncontrollably, there should be a dosage in everything.
1. Nose drops during pregnancy that are not harmful:
- created on the basis of salt solution;
- homeopathic, with the content of approved herbal ingredients;
- containing essential oils.
2. Normal seawater. It gives you the opportunity to get rid of the mucous membranes and it is easy to clear the nose from a cold, restore and activate the natural outflow of saline. Drops based on sea salt - for pregnant women the safest remedy. They are used not as medicine, but for washing. These are Humer, Marimer, Aqualor, Aqua Maris, Salin sprays.
3. Homeopathy remedies.
4. Preparations based on essential oils. In particular, the use of such a drug as Pinosol drops is permitted. They contain mountain pine, mint and eucalyptus oil.
Prohibited nasal drops during pregnancy
Before use, read the instructions carefully. It may happen that a medicine prescribed by a doctor has contraindications during pregnancy.
1. Vasoconstrictor, such as sprays "Xymelin", "For carrying", drops "Galazolin" and others.
2. Antibiotics.They can cause irreparable harm to an unborn baby or even provoke an abortion. These include drops "Fugentin", spray "Polydexano".