Lack of appetite and nausea: how to fight
Jul 18, 2018
Not everyone can boast a healthy appetite.The majority, unfortunately, suffers from overeating.And if the appetite disappears, a person becomes excessively thin, looks painful.But this is not the only problem.Uncontrolled weight loss negatively affects the condition of the entire body.
- Causes of lack of appetite
- Chronic fatigue syndrome
- Other causes of loss of appetite and how to deal with them
- Than loss of appetite is dangerous
Absence of appetite and nausea often occur even in people who do not complain about the conditionHealth.These phenomena can signal the overfatigue, nervous disorders, slagging of the body, hormonal changes in women or pregnancy.
Causes of lack of appetite
Lack of appetite can be caused by:
- by chronic fatigue syndrome;
- by depression;
- disorders of the thyroid gland;
- with osteochondrosis or other changes in the spine;
- with migraine;
- with meningitis;
- disorders of the gallbladder;
- with appendicitis;
- with hypertension;
- heart failure;
- with hepatitis or cirrhosis of the liver;
- with kidney inflammation;
- with diabetes mellitus;
- excessive consumption of medications.
With such a plethora of reasons, it is most likely that you will not be able to choose one of them, so you should consult your doctor.The specialist will prescribe various tests and other types of examinations to make an accurate diagnosis.
Chronic fatigue syndrome
Very often loss of appetite is associated with chronic fatigue syndrome - a modern disease associated with changes in the traditional roles of men and women.The main symptom of this disease is a lack of energy, moreover, not only physical, but also spiritual.An important role is played by an unhealthy lifestyle, stressful situations in the family and at work.
The syndrome of chronic fatigue is characterized by increased fatigue.To treat this disease, there is still no medicine.Treatment includes the transition to a rational diet( the exclusion of fat and sugar from the menu), physical activity( walks and simple exercises), a healthy sleep and better mental health.The goal of all these measures is to strengthen the immune system, so vitamins of the B group can help.
Symptoms of chronic fatigue syndrome are similar in many ways to symptoms of depression: the same loss of appetite and a constant sense of fatigue and weakness.It is important to accurately determine the disease, since the treatment of depression differs from the treatment of chronic fatigue syndrome.
Other causes of loss of appetite and how to deal with them
If the lack of appetite and nausea are not caused by any disease, then try to get rid of them by changing your diet, habits and lifestyle:
- allow the body to rest, sleep,Avoid unnecessary loads;
- try to avoid unpleasant odors that cause nausea and sometimes vomiting;
- the diet should be formulated in such a way as not to mix dry and liquid foods, alternate them;
- control the amount of food you eat - eat often, but in small amounts;
- exclude from the diet fried, fatty and heavy food;
- do not consume a lot of liquid;
- after waking up snack directly in bed - a sandwich with cheese, dried crust, dried fruits;
- resorption of lemon slices will relieve the feeling of nausea;
- ginger is also a good remedy for nausea, therefore it is recommended to add grated ginger root to food.
The reason for lack of appetite may be a lack of vitamin C or folic acid.Try to stimulate the appetite by eating citrus fruits, and also drink herbal teas( if they do not cause nausea) - melissa, with wormwood, infusion of raspberries.
Than loss of appetite is dangerous
Food connects a person with the environment and performs many functions:
- gives the body energy;
- strengthens protective functions;
- is involved in the production of new cells;
- forms hormones and enzymes.
Appetite in a normal state signals that there are not enough nutrients in the blood.A hungry person has a lowered glucose level and, if there is no need to eat, the food balance is disturbed, which entails a shortage of substances necessary for the body.
In the absence of proteins, vitamins and minerals, the functions of all organs are disrupted.If the appetite is absent for a long time, this may indicate a serious illness - anorexia.Most often anorexia appears due to psychopathological disorders associated with discontent with their own appearance.If anorexia is not treated, it will lead to muscle atrophy and impairment of the functions of all body systems.
Lack of appetite and nausea - body signals that the absorption of nutrients has been stalled.If this condition continues for a long time, you should definitely consult a doctor.
Most likely, he will refer you to a nutritionist, endocrinologist, gastroenterologist or psychotherapist to establish an accurate diagnosis.Restore the appetite can only be when the cause of its loss is eliminated, that is, the underlying disease is cured.