Humanity has evolved and continues to evolve through labor. The impetus has always been and is survival. But to live better, worse or just to exist - is the choice of each person.
Labor can be associated with both mental and physical activity. Even during rest, the brain continues to generate ideas if a person is committed to development. But what if not?
Proverb "Idleness - the mother of all vices"
If a person does not strive forward, he also cannot stand still. From idleness, the personality begins to degrade. There is a manifestation of an increasingly primitive style of communication, behavior, a distortion of ideals, moral values. No wonder there is a saying "Idleness - the mother of all vices." Of course, all people are vicious to some extent. But it is from inaction that this manifests itself in a person more and more, and in the end captures him.
Idleness is the mother of all vices, and it is true. But what kind of human vices can we talk about? Perhaps you can relate to them the sins described in the Bible, such as:
List of evils by Dante Alighieri
Dante Alighieri in his work The Divine Comedy singled out 9 circles of hell, in which the souls of dead people serve their sentences in accordance with their vices:
- Circle 1 - a limb with unbaptized infants and people who are responsible for minor offenses;
- 2 circle is filled with those souls whose actions led lust during life;
- 3 circle is occupied by food lovers, because gluttony is also a sin and vice;
- in the 4th round, the punishment of the soul, led by greed, is served;
- 5 circle took the soul, who constantly experienced anger, angry, find out the relationship;
- in the 6th circle live the souls of heretics and those who, during their lifetime, proclaimed themselves god;
- Circle 7 is filled with the souls of rapists, murderers and those who committed suicide;
- Circle 8 - for cheaters and scammers;
- The latest 9 lap is for traitors.
Proverb in the school curriculum
Pupils at school often face the task of writing a story according to the proverb "Idleness is the mother of all vices." For this, it is important for children to understand and realize that idleness is wasted time spent on "doing nothing".If a child is not engaged in anything, but he thinks, dreams about something, fantasizes, then he no longer falls under the criterion of a slacker.
Why is the saying "Idleness is the mother of all vices" right? The answer can be a simple analysis based on the same mortal sins. For example, when a person does not know what to do with himself, he may become addicted to food, and then the gluttony period begins.
Similarly, due to the absence of any activity, pride development is provoked. Moreover, pride is not only an exaggeration of one’s own significance, but also an understatement of it. After all, when a person does not apply his abilities in practice, self-esteem can gradually descend lower and lower. As a result, a person may begin to compare himself with other personalities, which sometimes provokes anger at people for even the smallest successes and luck. And what can provoke anger? Envy, anger, greed and more. So it turns out that idleness is the mother of all vices.