Replacing the steering tips VAZ-2110 do-it-yourself: features of the repair
Replacement of the steering tips of the VAZ-2110 should be carried out approximately every 40 thousand kilometers. But sometimes it is necessary and more often if there is damage to this mechanism. Be sure to carefully monitor the condition to prevent it from breaking. In the steering, the weakest links are the lugs that connect the rods to the steering knuckles of the strut struts. The cost of such elements is not very high, and almost every motorist will be able to replace.
Selection of steering tips
Before you replace the VAZ-2110 tie rod end, you need to select the appropriate one. On sale there are two types of products:
- Factory original, having a fairly good quality, they are fully consistent with the design of the machine.
- Contract products can produce various plants, because of this, the quality is very different. It is possible to find in the market both good producers, and the bad.The cost of products is somewhat higher than that of domestic producers.
As for specific manufacturers, you need to build on what your preferences are. All products have their own advantages and disadvantages. But be sure to choose the tips, which have very good quality of the anthers. As a rule, it is the most vulnerable of its elements.
When should I replace?
Steering traction have a very high resource, they must be changed very rarely. Much more often replace the steering tips VAZ-2110. This procedure can be performed by any driver who is familiar with the design of the car.
The approximate life of the tip is 40,000 kilometers. But this is an average indicator, it depends on the conditions in which the car is operated, as well as on other points. The following factors can affect the wear of the steering system:
- The conditions in which the vehicle is operated.
- The original quality of the items.
- The quality of the road surface, the speed of movement.
- Driving style of the driver.
All these factors affect the life of the steering tips mounted on the VAZ-2110.
How to determine the damage?
If you find signs of breakage of the tips of the steering gear, be sure to try to fix the problem. If this is not done on time, then the resource elements will decrease several times. The main signs of failure:
- Difficult driving, this is clearly expressed during the passage of sharp turns.
- Uneven tread wear.
- Extraneous sounds while driving. They can be heard both from both sides at the same time, and from one.
Be sure to check the operation of the lugs of the steering VAZ-2110, replace only after the diagnosis. Similar symptoms may appear when other elements of the vehicle are out of order.
How to diagnose?
Before replacing the boot of the steering tip of the VAZ-2110, or the entire swivel, it is necessary to carry out diagnostics. To do this you will need:
- Assess the state of the mechanism. To do this, you need to turn the steering wheel all the way to the right side first. In this position, you can see the state of the left tip. To check the right, you need to turn the steering wheel to the left until it stops.
- Carefully inspect the boot. It is located directly on the articulating finger of the tip. If there are cracks or breaks, then it is necessary to replace it.
- In that case, if the anther is not replaced in time, then dirt will start to fall through the cracks, and as a result, the hinge joint will collapse much faster.
- Lift the diagnosed side of the car with a jack. It is necessary to ensure that the wheel is suspended. Grabbing the steering tip with your hands, you need to pull it from side to side. If there is a backlash, be sure to replace the element.
It is advisable to install two tips at once on the left and right sides. Only in this case you will be able to ensure maximum efficiency of repair.
Removing steering tips
Replacing the steering tips VAZ-2110 without collapse is quite difficult, the adjustment procedure still have to be done. To work you need the availability of tools such as:
- Set of steering tips.
- WD-40 penetrating lubricant. In case there is none, brake fluid will do.
- A set of cap keys and socket heads with a ratchet.
- Metal brush.
- Special puller for tips of VAZ-2110 and similar models.
It is advisable to use only a puller at work; it is quite problematic to remove the hinge with the help of an installation blade or crowbar. Removing the steering tip thrust is performed as follows:
- The repaired side of the car is raised with a jack, the wheel bolts are pre-loosened.
- Removed the wheel.
- The joint between the steering knuckle and the thrust tip is cleaned.
- In case there is too much pollution, it is necessary to use a penetrating lubricant.
- Remove the pin that fixed the connection.
- Unscrew the nut with the wrench on "19".
- Install the puller and remove the hinge from the hole in the steering knuckle.
It is advisable, before removing the hinge, to unscrew the nuts, which stop the tip on the rod.
Installation of steering tips
In order to ensure the most accurate convergence of the front wheels, it is necessary to calculate how many turns the old steering tip is twisted. But in this case, you can only roughly establish convergence.More precise adjustment can be performed only on special stands. Installation tips in this order:
- Install a new tip. It is desirable that the distance from the sgon to the center of the tip is the same as on the old element.
- The hinge pin must be inserted in the knuckle hole.
- Tighten the nut and secure it with a cotter pin.
- Tighten all threaded connections.
After the replacement of the steering tips of the VAZ-2110, it is imperative to carry out the procedure for adjusting the camber and convergence of the front wheels. It’s quite difficult to do it yourself, it’s better to use the services of car repair shops.