Residents of Tula: history and modernity
When you ask visitors about associations withTuloy, then people often recall the samovar, gingerbread and weapons. This triad is known not only to Russians, but also to residents far beyond the borders of the country. These are the most "promoted" and recognizable brands of the city.
But Tula - this is also the birthplace of Russian metallurgy, because the first iron-making plants appeared here. Another very familiar sign is the very first Soviet motorcycle "Tula".
Industrial city, where there are a lot of factories,enterprises, design offices ... The two largest giants - Tulachermet, which appeared in the 1930s and the Kosogorsky Metallurgical Plant - are operating at full capacity. Ecology, of course, suffers of this.
What do Russians call Tula residents? As soon as they do not say ... And Tulians, and Tuljan, and Tulchaki, but this is wrong and can even offend them.
The first mention of Thule refers to the beginning of XIIcentury, when Chernigov Prince Svyatoslav Olegovich stopped by the city on his way to Ryazan. During the following centuries, the main trade routes passed through the territory of the Tula Province. This was facilitated by its advantageous location in the center of Russia not far from the capital.
The Tula Province itself appeared in 1777under Tsar Alexander I and at the same time governorship, which in 19 years were abolished. The province remained until the Stalin era. In 1929 appeared Tula district of the Moscow region, and in 1937 it became an area and still exists.
The dimensions of the region are relatively small andcover three natural zones. In the north and in the center - mixed forests, and in the south - forest-steppe with open spaces. In the south-east and territories of the Kulikovo field - the steppe zone.
On the Tula region there is also the boundary of the glacier, which stopped exactly within its boundaries.
How do you call the inhabitants of Tula? Despite the fact that there are no clear rules for the formation of ethnonyms in the Russian language, but there are regularities, so the inhabitants of the city are usually called Tula. In the city of Tula, there are almost 500 thousand people, and in the region itself - another million. People live mainly in cities. Urbanization of the region is associated with the intensive development of metallurgy, engineering and mechanics.
Residents of Tula are one of the most hospitable. There are no airports in Tula, tourists get here by rail. The station is the only one in the city, and the Moskovskiy railway station points to its proximity to the capital.
The main square of Tula - Leninskaya, there are constantly festivals and festivals devoted to the confectionery art.
Residents of Tula and guests of the city, walking through the fairgrounds, discuss gingerbread fillings and forms, drink tea by all means with a snack with the perpetrators of the celebration.
How correctly to call the inhabitants of the city of Tula, depending on sex? Girls are called tolings or tuliacs, but boys and men are Tula.
The main architectural miracle of the city isKremlin. The Battle of Tula went down in history as a fortress on the most dangerous road to the capital from the steppes of the Golden Horde. The Tula Kremlin is located in the lowland and has no landscape advantages, but powerful walls and towers, as well as excellent defense planning and good weapons make its capture impossible. The teeth on the walls in form resemble the swallowtail, which is typical for Italian courtyard complexes.
Initially it was wooden, but the constant raids of the Crimean Tatars prompted the population to lay a stone city. It was a city in the city, and the inhabitants of Tula lived outside the walls of the Kremlin.
Specialized zoo of reptiles is the largestin Europe. It has about 420 species - large and small. In terrariums live frogs, crocodiles, snakes and all kinds of lizards. And wild fauna representatives became practically tame.
Residents of Tula are proud of the sights of their city, and especially the museums.
The only museum in the country that collected samples fromthe times of the Battle of Kulikovo. Weapons production in Tula appeared immediately after the founding of the city, but officially the Armory Sloboda was founded in the 16th century, by the order of Tsar Fyodor Ioanovich, and in 1712 there was the first Russian state arms factory in Russia. It was on the orders of Peter the Great that the museum was opened in 1724.
And here, under the microscope, there is the well-known four-armed flea horseshoe.
It is not difficult to find a museum. You can not only eat gingerbread, but also organize holidays in honor of it. You can learn about the history of the city from the delicacy. This tradition and customs associated with gingerbread, and everything that happened in human life, was displayed, too, on a sweet treat. And behind the wall of the museum you can buy sweet products of Tula masters.
Museum of Samovar
The museum opened its doors to residents of the city and guests of Tula in 1990. And since that time it has become a kind of visiting card of the city.
The museum displays the history of arts and crafts in Russia. Part of the exposition is occupied by memorial complexes belonging to famous samovar dynasties: Shemarin, Fomin, Batashev.
The first Tula samovar was made in 1778brothers Lisitsyns for cooking zbitnya. The most beautiful carved samovars were made for exhibitions. By the end of the XIX century in the city there were about 30 factories producing more than 150 styles of brass, copper and Melchior handsome men.
Why come here?
It is a modern city, but its club capital is notcall. Relative proximity to the capital makes it an interesting tourist destination, where foreign travelers try to get to. There is something to see and show. Friendly local residents always welcome new guests.
The main thing is to honor the city traditions and remember that the inhabitant of Tula is called Tula.