Spurs on the legs: how to cure and prevent
Spurs on the legs (plantar fasciitis) is a concept,the bone bony spike on the calcaneus. The reasons for this bone growth can be increased loads on the heel bone (with excessive body weight), flat feet, heel bone injuries, prolonged overload of the heels (in athletes), bone irritation as a result of wearing uncomfortable shoes, metabolic disorders, sedentary work. The disease mainly occurs in individuals after 40 years.
Spurs on the legs: symptoms and diagnosis
Symptoms of the spur on the legs include pain in the plantar part of the heel (especially in the morning), a feeling of pain when walking.
Diagnosis is based on these complaints andX-ray examination. This takes into account a differential diagnosis: the symptoms of spurs on the legs are similar to manifestations of certain inflammatory diseases - Bechterew's disease, rheumatoid arthritis, since their onset may also be associated with pain in the heel.
Methods of treatment
How to cure spurs on legs? As a rule, spurs on the legs can be cured without surgery (they are resorted to only in extreme cases when other methods are ineffective).
Spurs on the legs in the initial stage of the disease can be eliminated in folk ways:
- Take ½ head of onions, in the middle of the halves 1 drop of tar is applied. Then the onion is applied to the sore spot.
- Honey (100 grams) and mummies (5 grams) are dissolved in a water bath. The mixture cools down. The resulting composition rubbed on the night of the heel.
- Ammonium alcohol (50 ml) and sunflower oil (1 tablespoon) are mixed. The swab moistened with this mixture is applied every day for 30 minutes. to the sick heel. The treatment period is several weeks.
- The legs are steamed in containers with hot water (withadding a small amount of baking soda), then gauze moistened in a solution of a tea mushroom is applied to the heels. After 3 hours, dried gauze should be re-moistened.
- A glass of partitions from walnuts folk healers advise to pour two glasses of vodka and insist two weeks in the dark, then strain. Infusion is taken within 30 minutes. before meals three times daily.
- Crush the white flesh of the sunflower, put it in a glassware and pour vodka. The container is tightly closed and insisted for 10 days in a dark place.
- Using a grater, grind ½ head of garlic and tie to the heel at night. However, if burning occurs from the procedure, it is better to refuse.
- In the morning for the whole day, put a sheet of burdock or young cabbage to the sole, tie it. During the day, the greens can be replaced 1-2 times.
Treatment of spurs on legs caused byflat feet, is the use of orthopedic insoles of various types. For example, the podpjatochnik is installed on a foot in any footwear. Made of soft material, silicone. Or another kind of orthopedic insoles - half-wool is designed to reduce the feeling of tired legs.
The methods of conservative treatment includeanti-inflammatory drugs (applications of paraffin, warm baths, mud treatment, UHF, cheating with Novocain painful points, injections with anti-inflammatory drugs).
With strong non-passing pains and in the absence of effect from other types of conservative treatment, X-ray therapy and shock wave therapy are used.
Prevention of spurs on legs
Appearance of heel spur means wearosteoarticular apparatus. To prevent this pathological process, it is necessary to monitor the body weight and not to allow sharp increases in the weight load, do not overload the foot, timely treat spine diseases, prevent the emergence of infectious diseases (flu, SARS, sore throats, gonorrhea, etc.), wear comfortable shoes, improve circulation to do gymnastics for the feet.