The drug "Spazmalgon": indications for use, dosage and side effects
The drug "Spazmalgon": the composition of the drug
The composition of this tool includes the following active ingredients:
- Metamizole sodium. This substance belongs to pyrazolone derivatives. It has a very strong analgesic (or analgesic) effect, and also has an antipyretic (or antipyretic) and anti-inflammatory effect. The effectiveness of this medication is explained by the inhibition of cyclooxygenase pathways and their transformation into arachidonic acid. As a result of such actions, the production of prostacyclin, thromboxane and anti-inflammatory prostaglandins is reduced. The analgesic effect of metamizole sodium is due to the inhibition of inflammatory mediators that act on pain receptors.
- Fenpiverinium bromide. This substance belongs to the group of M-holinoblokatorov.It relieves spasms of smooth muscles, which are located in the internal organs, and also reduces the motility of the gastrointestinal tract, urinary and biliary tract.
- Pitofenone hydrochloride. This substance belongs to the group of piperidine derivatives. It has papaverine-like effect and significantly reduces muscle tone. The presence of such a component in the composition of the drug "Spazmalgon" helps eliminate pain, which is caused by spasms of smooth muscle tissue of internal organs.
When do you use the drug "Spazmalgon"? Indications for use of this tool, its side effects and dosage will be discussed below. It should be noted that all the components that make up this medicine are very quickly absorbed into the gastrointestinal tract. The maximum concentration of these substances in plasma is noted about an hour after taking the first pill. The bioavailability of this tool reaches about 85%.
Medicine "Spazmalgon": indications for use
Due to the composition of the indications for use of this drug are quite extensive. Means "Spazmalgon" in pill form is prescribed for the symptomatic treatment of moderate or mild pain syndrome.In addition, it is used with the following deviations:
- Diseases of the urinary system, accompanied by severe pain (for example, in violation of the process of urination), including inflammatory processes and urolithiasis.
- With gastric and intestinal colic, as well as other abnormalities of the digestive tract, which are accompanied by spasms of smooth muscle cells.
- Postcholecystectomy syndrome.
- Hepatic colic.
- Diseases of the pelvic organs and abdominal cavity, painful menstruation.
Ways to use the drug
The drug "Spazmalgon" (indications for use of this drug were presented above) in the form of tablets should be used orally, drinking plenty of ordinary water. In this case, the drug is not recommended to grind. According to the instructions, this medication can be used in half the dose. For this pill must be broken down the line. Dosage and duration of treatment depend on the severity of the pain syndrome and are determined only by an experienced doctor. Usually such a drug for adults and adolescents from sixteen years of age is prescribed in the amount of 1-2 tablets, which should be taken twice or three times a day.Dosage for children from 13 to 16 years - 1 piece with the same frequency of administration. The dosage for babies from nine to thirteen years old is half a tablet no more than three times a day. It should also be noted that such a drug can be administered by a doctor in a different dosage. Means "Spazmalgon" for menstruation (painful) should be used one tablet once or twice a day. As for the injection form of the drug, it is intended only for intramuscular administration. In this case, the frequency of use and dosage are determined solely by the attending physician.
Contraindications to the use of the drug
The drug "Spazmalgon", as well as its analogues, is not recommended to be taken for the following ailments:
- hypersensitivity to its constituent components;
- allergies to other drugs that belong to the group of NSAIDs;
- obstruction of the gastrointestinal tract;
- possible surgical pathologies;
- severe hepatic or renal abnormalities;
- angle-closure glaucoma;
- collaptoid states.
The analgesic drug "Spazmalgon" can cause a number of such side effects in a patient:
- difficulty urinating;
- general malaise;
- dry and metallic taste in the mouth;
- exacerbation of peptic ulcers and gastritis;
- acceleration of heart rate;
- pressure increase;
- severe headaches;
- increased irritability and irritability;
- allergic reactions on the skin (for example, pruritus, Layel syndrome, urticaria, or epidermal toxic necrolysis).
In the event of at least one side effect (of the above), you should immediately contact your doctor. Your doctor will prescribe another drug of similar effect.