The medicine for the brain is Vinpocetine. Instruction in summary
In connection with the increase in the number of diseases associated witha violation of cerebral circulation in the market appears more and more drugs aimed at fighting this ailment. One such medication is Vinpocetine. Instructions for use, indications and contraindications will be discussed in detail in our article. This information is provided for reference only, as reference material, and is not the basis for unauthorized treatment. To start taking Vinpocetin, you need a compulsory medical consultation.
What is Vinpocetine?
Instruction for use reports that this isa drug that enhances cerebral blood flow, improves metabolic processes in nerve cells. The drug reduces platelet aggregation, enhances the oxygenation of the brain and dilates its blood vessels, helps to utilize oxygen and glucose. In addition, it significantly affects the metabolism of serotonin and norepinephrine, inhibits phosphodiesterase, and also lowers the viscosity of the blood. As a result, cerebral blood circulation is restored, memory, hearing, general health improves.
There are several types of this drugpreparation: Vinpocetin forte, Vinpocetine-AKOS, and Vinpocetin-Acry and Vinpocetine-Sar. Almost all types of "Vinpocetin" are available in two forms.
Forms of the drug: tablets "Vinpocetine" for 5 mg and concentrate for solution. Doctors actively use both forms.
Method of using "Vinpocetine"
Instruction for use of the drug recommendsTake the pill at a dosage of 5 or 10 mg three times a day. The course of treatment lasts approximately 3-4 months. Intravenous solutions are prepared as follows: 20 mg of "Vinpocetine" is diluted in liter or half a liter of solution for infusion, the rate of drug delivery from the dropper should not be more than 80 drops per minute. Dose is increased only with good tolerability of "Vinpocetine". The increase is carried out to 1 mg / kg of the patient's weight.
Duration of therapy is 1.5-2 calendar weeks, after which the patient is transferred to the use of tablets. The termination of therapy is carried out by a gradual decrease in the doses of administration of the drug.
Take the medicine after eating. In patients with diabetes, control blood sugar levels, the introduction of "Vinpocetine" with the content of sorbitol.
Indications for taking medication "Vinpocetine"
Instructions for use advise to take "Vinpocetine" for the treatment of acute or chronic circulatory insufficiency in tissues and areas of the brain. He is prescribed for such diseases as:
- ischemia, stroke of the brain, and in addition,post-stroke conditions, cerebral atherosclerosis, encephalopathy, mental or neurological etiology (dizziness, memory impairment, movement disorders, headaches, apraxia, aphasia);
- hearing impairment and noise in the ears, thrombosis of the retina arteries, glaucoma in the elderly;
- chronic diseases of blood vessels and choroid.
Have a means and contraindications. They include:
- hypersensitivity to the components of the drug;
- exacerbation of hemorrhagic stroke;
- heart rhythm disturbances;
- high intracranial pressure;
- severe forms of coronary heart disease;
- pregnancy, lactation period;
Do not take medicine patients who have not reached the age of 18.
Side effects with taking the medicine "Vinpocetine"
Side effects included:
- Cardiovascular system: tachycardia, changes in the electrocardiogram, blood pressure jumps (mainly decrease);
- central nervous system: interruptions in sleep (insomnia or drowsiness), sensation of weakness, dizziness, pain;
- possible reactions: nausea, dry mouth, heartburn, rashes on the skin, increased sweating, skin hyperemia;
- with intravenous injection - phlebitis.
Despite the fact that the number of contraindicationsis relatively low, a doctor's consultation is necessary, since "Vinpocetine" is a medicinal product and, if misused, it can negatively affect your health.