The recipe for stewed sauerkraut in German. How to make a delicious side dish?
In Germany, many meat dishes are served withgarnish, like sauerkraut stew. It is difficult to imagine a Christmas dinner without this dish and pork shank. This combination always remains unchanged.
Why garnish is so popular
The recipe for stewed sauerkraut in German is quite simple. Any master can master it. The main thing is to observe all the rules of cooking. In addition, this garnish has many advantages.
- Preparing this dish is very simple and fast.
- The ingredients needed for this garnish can be found in any store. They are available and not so expensive.
- The dish has a peculiar sour taste. Braised sauerkraut in German, the recipe of which is given below, is perfectly combined with beer, as well as with popular products in Germany, for example, with pork chops, ribs, sausages, hams and sausages.
- Stewed sour cabbage is a side dish,which can become not only part of the salad, but also a full dinner or dinner. Most often this dish is prepared with meat ingredients. After all, it's German cuisine: the recipe "Braised cabbage in German" in Germany is very popular. This dish is found in the menu of many restaurants and eateries of the country.
The classic recipe for stewed sauerkraut in German
To make a delicious side dish, you shouldobserve all rules and recommendations. The recipe for stewed sauerkraut in German, in addition to cabbage, includes butter or vegetable oil, onion, pepper, cumin, beer, apples and juniper berries. Of course, meat products should be used for the perfect combination. This garnish is best served with chicken, shank, sausages and sausages. For the preparation of classic stewed cabbage you will need:
- Cabbage kvassa without carrots - 500 grams.
- Onions - one head.
- Apple - 1 piece.
- Salo, preferably smoked - 50 grams.
- Fruits of juniper - 3 pieces.
- Cumin and pepper - to taste.
- Water - two glasses.
To get a delicious and delicate side dish,It is necessary to follow exactly the recipe of stewed sauerkraut in German. First, prepare all the components. First of all it is necessary to do cabbage. It must be gently cut with a knife into smaller segments. It should be borne in mind that the smaller the straw, the more delicious and aromatic the dish will turn out.
The onion must be peeled and cut into half rings. Smoked bacon should also be crushed in cubes. After that, the product should be fried in a well-heated frying pan with sufficiently strong walls. To the fat should be added chopped onions. Roast the food until golden brown.
To the fat and onions it is necessary to lay cabbage,add spices and salt. All components should be mixed. After that, you need to pour water into the container. Stew the foods until a brown tinge appears. In conclusion, in the cabbage you need to add the crushed apple. That's all. And how else is stew sauerkraut in German?
The recipe for cooking red cabbage with sausages
Red cabbage to taste is different from white. Therefore, it is prepared somewhat differently. For preparation it will be required:
- Sour red cabbage - 1 kilogram.
- Pork sausages - 300 grams.
- Onion - one head.
- Sugar sand - 1 tablespoon.
- Apple fresh - 1 piece.
- Meat broth - 2 cups.
- Fat of pork for roasting.
- Spices and salt.
Stages of preparation
Sausages should be cut into slices, and thenfry in pork fat until crisp. In the received weight it is necessary to pour in sugar and mix well. Stew sausages in sauce for about 30 seconds. Onions should be peeled off and husked with semirings. The product should be added to the sausages and fried all within 5 minutes.
After this, the mixture must be poured crushedcubes of apple and sauerkraut. The dish must be salted, and seasoned with spices. In cabbage with sausages it is necessary to pour in broth, to extinguish everything for half an hour under the lid.
Secrets of a delicious garnish
Very delicious turns cabbage in Germansauerkraut and stewed. Recipes of cooking can vary from each other. However, the rules of cooking are always unchanged. Such a garnish is not prepared for a very long time, but during cooking it is impossible to be distracted. Otherwise, the dish may burn.
If desired, you can add sour jam in the cabbage. It is better to use black currant. This component allows you to give the dish an original flavor and taste. Of course, not everyone will like the sweet and sour cabbage. In the preparation process it is necessary to observe strict proportions. For example, one kilogram of sauerkraut requires only half a glass of jam. Add it should be about 5 minutes before the end of cooking.