What if my liver hurts?
Why can the liver ache, what to do, andis the question correctly posed? The fact is that the organ itself is located in a special capsule. Any change in the liver can cause stretching of this capsule. The capsule contains receptors, which cause pain.
Symptoms of liver problems
- pain in the right hypochondrium;
- feeling of heaviness in the right hypochondrium;
- it happens that such pains are given in the back, neck or shoulder blades;
- the character of pain is aching all day long;
- pains increase even with the smallest physical exertion;
- pains appear after you have eaten something fried, fatty or spicy;
- pains are sometimes accompanied by nausea;
- pains increase after alcohol and cigarettes;
- very often with pains there is a belch and bitterness in the mouth, as well as disturbances of the stool.
But even when you observe all these symptoms, you do notyou will be able to say exactly what the liver is hurting! Doing self-diagnosis of your health and self-medication, you can run another very dangerous disease. Therefore, with pain resembling pain in the liver, it is urgent to see a doctor and follow his recommendations for lifestyle changes and treatment.
If all the same bothers the liver, then hereit is also important not to start the disease, as all this can lead to a violation of the menstrual cycle in women and impotence in men. When it hurts in the right hypochondrium due to the liver, it can talk about the stones in it or in the gall bladder, and maybe - about the inflammatory process. Many patients complain of fever, vomiting or nausea. Through ultrasound, you can make an accurate diagnosis.
There were pains in the liver - what to do
Immediately stop all physical activity,To address to the therapist, and he already will send you on inspection to the gastroenterologist, the hepatologist or the oncologist. Diseases that are accompanied by pain in the liver:
- cirrhosis of the liver;
- chronic hepatitis;
- cyst of the liver;
- liver tumor;
- steatosis of the liver;
- abscess of the liver.
After passing the ultrasound, the doctor will prescribe the appropriate treatment, and also will advise a special diet.
Nutrition for pain in the liver
You have a liver pain - what to do, how to eat? Diet for liver number 5 contributes to the restoration of liver function. Food is based on the normal use of protein, fiber and a special restriction of fat.
- Provide yourself with five meals a day.
- Eat everything only in boiled or baked form.
- Nothing fried!
- Not more than 12 gr is allowed. salt per day.
When liver diseases doctors recommend eating:
- Soups on vegetable broth, milk soups with water;
- Herculean porridge, buckwheat;
- Fruit soups;
- Bread only coarse, gray;
- Cookies are allowed, but not much;
- Chicken, lean meat (not cutlets!);
- Low-fat fish, such as navaga, pike or cod.
When liver diseases doctors prohibit:
- Any alcoholic beverages !;
- Any fried or spicy dish;
- Fatty grades of meat and fish;
- All dishes where vinegar is added;
- Liver, brain;
- Any beans;
- Carbonated drinks;
- Onion and sorrel;
- Smoked meat;
- Goodies and creams;
- Ice cream;
Summarize and learn the main tips: immediately consult a doctor, avoid fatty foods and stop exercising before meeting with a doctor until he diagnoses.