What is code?
The word code can be applied in a broad sense. For example, the code of honor, the code of grammar rules, the moral code. What is code in the narrow sense? A legislative act that contains systematized norms relating to a branch, part of a branch, or several branches of law is called a code. The structure of the code often reflects the industry system. Let us turn to the definition of what a code of laws is.
The set of laws that describe the norms of behavior in any particular area of activity is called a code of laws.
The following codes exist in the Russian Federation:
- GK - Civil Code
- GIC - Civil Procedure Code
- NK - tax code
- Criminal Code - Criminal Code
- PEC - Penal Code
- Code of Criminal Procedure - Criminal Procedure Code
- T K - Labor Code
- AIC - arbitration procedure code
- Water Code
- BC - Budget Code
- Air Code
- LCD - housing code
- LK - Forest Code
- ZK - land code
- Customs Code
- SK - Family Code
- Town Planning Code
It is the main source of civil law. We learn what the civil code. This is a single systematic code of laws that regulates civil law relations. It has a priority position over other normative legal acts regulating the sphere of civil law.
In the Russian Federation, the current Civil Code entered into force on January 1, 1995. It is a complex of norms-principles:
- Standards that guarantee the free movement of goods, funds and services, freedom of economic activity and support for competition.
- Regulations on securing for everyone the right to privacy, family and personal secrets, the right to protection of honor.
- The rules on the right to housing and its immunity.
- Regulations on the protection of the law of private property rights.
- The rules on the right of everyone to receive compensation by the state for harm that was caused by illegal actions of state authorities or their representatives.
Next, we learn what the labor code. The Labor Code, which establishes the guarantees of labor rights and freedoms of citizens, the creation of favorable working conditions, the protection of the interests and rights of employers, and workers, is called the labor code.
The Labor Code of the Russian Federation entered into force on February 1, 2002. It establishes the duties and rights of the employer and employee, regulates labor protection, issues of vocational training and retraining, advanced training and employment, social partnership. It establishes the rules for the valuation of labor and its payment, the procedure for resolving labor disputes arising.
We give a definition of what the criminal code. The Code of Laws, which determines the degree of crime of socially dangerous acts and establishes punishment for them, and also applies other measures of a criminal law nature. In the Criminal Code usually includes a common and special part. The general part contains general provisions and guidelines. The special part includes the definitions of specific types of crimes and punishments for them. The Criminal Code of the Russian Federation came into force on January 1, 1997. He replaced the Criminal Code of the RSFSR, which has been in force since 1960.
In conclusion, we consider what the tax code is. The code of laws that regulates taxation, the entire system of fees and taxes, is called the tax code.
NK of the Russian Federation consists of 2 parts:
- The first establishes the general principles for the payment of fees and taxation in the Russian Federation. It entered into force on January 1, 1999.
- The second part establishes the principles of payment and calculation of each of the fees and taxes established by the Tax Code. It entered into force on January 1, 2001.