What is thrust?
The word "Russian" "pull", depending on the context, can mean a large number of diverse objects and phenomena. What is thrust? Consider the basic meaning of the word.
- Thrust is the driving force of a vehicle,that is, the force that is generated by the engine and allows the machine to move in space. Here you can talk about horse, steam, heat, reactive traction, and so on.
- A combination of machines (locomotives and electric locomotives), providing the movement of railway trains. On the railway there is a special traction service, along with the services of wagons, roads, communications and other.
- Movement of gases in furnaces and ventilation systems. It is caused by a natural or artificially created pressure difference in different parts of the structures. You can talk about a good, weak, forced draft.
- Strong yearning for anything. There is a craving for adventure, profit, culture, drugs and other good and bad things.
- Part of the mechanism that transmits the pulling force fromone part of it to the other. The most famous thrust in this sense is the car's steering traction, which transfers the force from the steering gear to the wheels and ensures their rotation in the desired direction.
- In architecture it is an element of external and internalfinishing buildings, stretched along the wall in the form of a cornice and visually dividing the object into several horizontal segments. For example, the installation of gypsum rods is practiced.
- A group of exercises in bodybuilding, characterized by the attraction of the cargo to itself. There is a deadlift, a thrust of the upper block, and so on.
- Flight of birds, mainly woodcocks, at the time of marriage. If the hunter is on the thrust, it means that he hunts woodcocks during their flight.
As you can see, all these meanings of the word "pull" come fromto the verbs "pull", "drag on". However, the word "traction" should not be confused with the consonant "tags". The latter concept is entirely from another area. What does it mean, read the special article What are tags.