What to cook eggplant?
We think that many housewives know that you can cook a lot of different dishes from eggplants. However, as soon as it comes to the season, all ideas disappear somewhere ... And again you think that you can make delicious eggplants, and it’s also not harmful for the figure, for the child and for the beloved, in general, for the benefit all family. And it is more interesting for someone to find out what to prepare from eggplants quickly and simply, in order to devote the rest of the evening to yourself or your family. We will try to help everyone, consider the recipes, the main character of which is eggplant. And as the main characteristics of the recipes, we define the benefits, ease of preparation and delicious results.
Let's start with a useful recipe. Eggplants themselves have a large number of useful properties, and a special method of preparation presented in this recipe will allow you to save all the benefits. However, do not think that the benefits negatively affect the taste. We will refute the myth that useful tasteless. So, enjoy the delicacy and save the shape.
We will need:
- eggplants (about 500 gr);
- tomatoes (300 grams, preferably dense);
- hard cheese (100 gr., it is possible fat-free, the advantage will increase);
- garlic, black pepper, salt;
- Eggplants wash and cut into slices (about 1 cm thick) directly with the peel. Soak the circles in well-salted water for 30 minutes. This is necessary to remove all the natural bitterness inherent in eggplants. After 30 minutes, rinse the eggplants in cold water.
- Tomato slices are about the same thickness as eggplants. If you want to further enhance the benefits, remove the peel from tomatoes. It is easy: make cross-cut cuts in tomatoes and pour boiling water over them; leave for 3-5 minutes, then pour over cold water. The peel of tomatoes is not digested, it complicates the digestive process.
- Grate cheese.
- Finely chop the garlic or skip through the garlic press. By the way, garlic is good for digestion. Each piece of eggplant rub garlic.
- Next, in the form (you can slightly grease with olive or sunflower oil) you lay out the eggplants, on top - pieces of garlic, then - tomatoes.Salt (and you can without salt, which does not hurt to cook delicious eggplants), pepper. Sprinkle with cheese on top.
- Send the dish to the oven for 30 minutes (although by time be guided relative to your oven), 180 degrees.
- Decorate with greens.
Still think that delicious cooked eggplant? Go to the next recipe.
Savory Eggplants in Sauce
This dish will be appreciated by lovers of burning Armenian cuisine. By the way, this is a cold snack.
You will need:
- eggplants (6 pieces);
- tomatoes (7-8 large);
- garlic (do not worry, it needs 3-4 heads (!), not cloves);
- salt (2 teaspoons);
- about half a cup of vegetable oil. In general, those who follow the figure, you can quite a bit (1/4 cup or even less).
- Clean and cut each garlic clove (large cloves can be cut into 3 parts). We cut without fail, we need juice and flavor. Fill our garlic with salt (believe me, 2 tsp is a bit!), Slightly stirring.
- Eggplant mine, cut off the tails on both sides and cut them in half (across, not along, to get the "columns"). If there are small eggplants, you can not cut them at all.
- Now we make cuts in eggplants with a narrow knife and we pinch them with salted garlic.Thrust garlic cloves into cuts so that they fit tightly enough and deeply and do not "crawl out" during the subsequent preparation of eggplants. At 1 "column" eggplant enough 3-5 cloves of garlic.
- Leave the eggplants for now and remove the peel from the tomatoes (as described in the previous recipe).
- Now we need a wide pan. Try to put all the eggplants in one layer. If there is garlic, send it to the same place.
- Next, chop the tomatoes on top of eggplants in the pan, in any way, but not very large. A few slices of tomato can be laid between the eggplants. Tomatoes should be quite a lot, they must completely cover the eggplant with a sufficient layer.
- We put the pot on the middle fire and go to rest for 15-20 minutes ...
- ... Tomatoes should already be boiled soft. We try, you may need to add salt, then add. And pour in vegetable oil. And we rest 15 minutes again, leaving the eggplants under the lid to prepare.
- After 15 minutes, you can check the eggplants for readiness, they should be soft. If ready - remove from heat and leave to cool.
- Further, attention (!): In order to feel all the gusto of this snack, let it stand in the fridge for 24 hours! Well, at least suffer a night.
And then you can enjoy a cold and delicious eggplant snack with hot boiled potatoes.
You can find many options for how and what to cook from eggplant. Photo-recipes on the Internet a huge set. Experiment yourself and try new dishes.