What you need to change your passport?
The time has come for you to change your passport, but what to do, how to prepare for it? The reason for the exchange of passports can be:
- expiration of its validity (upon reaching the age of 20 and 45 years),
- if the document has become unusable (for example, the page is torn, extraneous marks appeared in it),
- change of last name, issuance of a new passport to replace a lost one, and more.
So, what do you need to change your passport?
- application form;
- photo (2 pcs.);
- documents confirming the grounds for replacing a passport (for example, a marriage certificate if the name has changed);
- existing passport (if not lost);
- receipt of payment of state duty;
- certificate of registration at the place of stay (if the passport is not issued at the place of residence);
- documents for making a mark in the new passport (birth certificate of children, marriage certificate, military ID).
- The form of your application for issuing a new passport can be obtained from the passport office or downloaded from the official website of the regional department of the FMS, fill in the computer, print and sign.
- Receipts for payment of state duty are available for download (the website of the regional department of the Federal Migration Service of Russia). In the same place you can specify the size of state duty, depending on the situation.
- Color or black and white photographs can be taken at any photo studio.
- If you are not applying at your place of residence, then take a document of registration at the place of your stay (if any). It is not scary if it is not: a passport must be issued at the place of appeal.
The deadline for issuing a new passport is 10 days after the adoption of the documents and 20 days if there is no registration at the place of residence in the territory served by the FMS of Russia division.
The employee of the passport department of the Federal Migration Service of Russia, who has received documents for the replacement of a passport, must inform you about the time and date of receipt of the issued passport.