Why does my back itch?
Itching on the back, perhaps, is considered one of the most uncomfortable diseases for humans. It can be dictated by various reasons, which can be determined only after well-performed tests. Sometimes the itching of the back can be the result of any irregularities in the human body, and in order to get rid of it, the body itself needs to be cured. So, let's look at why your back is itchy and how to recover from this obsessive illness?
The main types of itching back
In medicine, there is a classification of types of itching and chesing of both the back and other parts of the body. Types of spinal itch can be expressed as follows:
- Rash. If you have a rash on your back itches unbearably, then you should not wait at all - run straight to the doctor. Clinic rash can be completely different, so you can not hesitate a minute. The following rashes are distinguished:
- syphilitic (caused by infectious toxins that irritate the skin; it looks like pink spots, bluish papules with pustules or pigment spots);
- acne (caused by hormonal changes in the body during adolescence, characterized by purulent inflammations, followed by scarring);
- lichen (arises from excessive sweating with the participation of yeast-like fungi, is a brown scaly stain).
- Spots. If you have a spot on the back itches or does not itch, you also need a medical examination, as there are likely oncological moments. If the spots bother you, then you will be sent to an endocrinologist or a dermatologist to eliminate the causes of the appearance. Spots may appear due to a violation in the form of:
- skin pigmentation (chloasma, melasma, appear as a result of hormonal disorders, ultraviolet irradiation and aging of the body);
- freckles (activated in spring with direct solar exposure).
- Acne. If your back acne itches and hurts, then most likely this is caused by a violation of the secretion of subcutaneous fat. Acne can appear due to external irritants, disorders of the digestive organs and the gastrointestinal tract, as well as diseases of the endocrine system. Do not self-medicate, do not scrub and do not peel, and especially do not squeeze acne, as this will only aggravate the situation.
Causes and treatment of itching of the back
So, your back is itching. The causes of itching in this area can be grouped as follows:
- allergies (food, dust, cosmetics);
- insect bites (bedbugs, ticks, mosquitoes);
- infections (chickenpox, syphilis, impetigo, measles, folliculitis);
- tightening wounds;
- scabies, lichen and psoriasis;
- neurodermatitis (from nerve overstrain);
- seborrhea (disruption of the sebaceous glands);
- diseases of the gallbladder and liver (jaundice);
- disruption of the thyroid gland;
- chronic mental illness;
- xerodermia (dry scaly skin);
- oncological diseases;
- Iron-deficiency anemia;
- old itching;
- rubbing leather with cramped synthetic clothing;
- direct exposure to sunlight;
- bad habits and unhealthy diet;
- banal avitaminosis;
- the period of sex education and pregnancy.
If you have found the reasons why your back itches, then the treatment should be chosen by your doctor - an allergist, therapist or a dermatologist. The main methods of treatment include:
- the use of anti-allergic and glucocorticosteroid drugs (suprastin);
- use of sedatives (valerian);
- various diets;
- cold shower and ice compresses;
- medicinal herbal teas with a string and oregano;
- drug treatment (vinegar, camphor, menthol, novocaine);
- cosmetology (ozone therapy, phototherapy, laser therapy).
If you never want to scratch yourself, then be less nervous, eat right and follow the rules of personal hygiene. Remember that any disease can be cured, including itching of the back.